Page 1 of 2
So last night I woke up with a mind-numbing headache, and started vomitting.
After cleaning up, I took my liquid vicodin, and went back to sleep.
Only I didn't. I stopped breathing.
My wife performed CPR while the medics came. They took me to the hospital, where they put me on a ventilator and ran a full blood work up.
I had a severe allergic reaction to silicone. (I was waxing my car eariler in the day)
After filtering the silicone out of my blood, and a stomach pumping, my normal breathing returned and I was able to come back home.

SO.

Anybody else have a near-death encounter because of an allergic reaction?
That sucks, mate. I hope you don't have to experience that ever again. And no, I haven't. I'm only slightly allergic for cats and dogs. Oh, and I'm a bit hayfeverish.

Came into contact with silicone after 'waxing the car'

Seriously though, scary stuff Did you see anything after blacking out?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Wow. Once i forgot to breathe. I was just standing there and i remembered "Oh shit, that's right, i have to breathe". It was so weird
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Last edited by titsmcgee852 at Jan 17, 2009,
holy **** that wulda been weird

Quote by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course
Wow that sucks... why was it in your blood and stomach though?
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by titsmcgee852
Wow. Once i forgot to breathe. I was just standing there and i remembered "Oh shit, that's right, i have to breathe". It was so weird

That's impossible and you know it.

To TS: that sucks man. I have a severe allergy of fish, but that would mean I'd need to eat fish before I get a reaction like yours, and that's not exactly something you do without noticing unlike your incident man... Lucky you're ok.
Wouldve been funnier if you had an allergic reaction to your wifes new breasts. Well... not funny, but y'know
damn, how do you feel now man?
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
So tell us, who's right? The atheists or the religious peoples?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by ZeGuitarist
That's impossible and you know it.

To TS: that sucks man. I have a severe allergy of fish, but that would mean I'd need to eat fish before I get a reaction like yours, and that's not exactly something you do without noticing unlike your incident man... Lucky you're ok.

no srsly! I was there thinking about something and i took a deep breath out and i was so deep in thought that i just forgot to breathe for a second :/ It was weird
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by titsmcgee852
no srsly! I was there thinking about something and i took a deep breath out and i was so deep in thought that i just forgot to breathe for a second :/ It was weird

yeah this is possible, happened to me alot of times, weird feeling
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
man that is a hell of an excuse to get out of cleaning the car
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
WAit...
So the sillicone went through your skin and into your bloodstream?
Whoa...
Damn...did you know about your allergy before or was it a messed up surprise?

When I was a kid I had some kind of epileptic fit and was clinically dead for a coupla minutes. No life-threatening allergies though.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by titsmcgee852

It's impossible. Breathing is a reflex. It's not something you should think about doing, it just happens.

Like the guy above me said:
Quote by akm_202
yeah this is possible, happened to me alot of times, weird feeling

it's simply the result of having sufficient oxygen in your blood because of the large breath you just took. Your 'remembering' to breathe was simply the delayed desire for air that had otherwise been fulfilled by the large breath you took.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
It's impossible. Breathing is a reflex. It's not something you should think about doing, it just happens.

I have done it too. But it was a muscle exercise for my beerbelly. So I was so concentrated that I held my breath unconsciously.

Quote by NielsWho
I have done it too. But it was a muscle exercise for my beerbelly. So I was so concentrated that I held my breath unconsciously.

That's different, you can conciously influence your breathing... but involuntarily "forgetting" to breathe is just impossible.
Quote by ZeGuitarist
My med school says it's impossible. I trust it a little more than Yahoo.

WRONG. Yahoo and Encyclopedia Dramatica are far more reliable than those shenanigans they give you at med school.

Now that's a valid excuse for not having to clean your own cars anymore
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
Quote by NielsWho
WRONG. Yahoo and Encyclopedia Dramatica are far more reliable than those shenanigans they give you at med school.

this
Quote by NielsWho

It's on ED? I retract my statement.

... not really
Quote by ZeGuitarist
It's on ED? I retract my statement.

No, I just wanted you to lose the debate, I lied. IT'S ALL A LIE.

Quote by djmay71

My wife performed CPR while the medics came.

My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Yeah, right

Like when my hands fell of so I couldn't wash the dishes

On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
Yeah, right

Like when my hands fell of so I couldn't wash the dishes

... yeah, and? I know that forgetting to breathe is impossible, but what's so unlikely about your hands falling off? It happens to me every once and a while...
I was talking to TS
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I met Marilyn Manson once. He asked if I wanted to play dressup.

Does that count?
I throw myself into the sea,
Release the wave,
Let it wash over me
To face the fears, I once believed
Tears of the Dragon, for you, and for me...
Quote by MightyAl
No cracked ribs? Your wife wasn't that enthusiastic with the CPR.

its 1:56 am and i just ate 6 chocolate chip cookies in not even near as many minutes
Quote by ZeGuitarist

It actually happens to me sometimes, now I'm thinking about it it's happening to me again. It's like you start thinking about breathing and then you start to feel like you have to breath manually and then you can't just forget about it so you start breathing automatically again. Then I usually start to either hyper ventilate from breathing too much and get sick and drowsy from not breathing enough. It's hard to explain, I once went through a period of not being able to get to sleep because I would be thinking about breathing.

Any way, on topic. Not to sound insensitive, but how does one filter silicone out of someone's blood? Sounds rather difficult.
Last edited by rizo299 at Jan 17, 2009,
Page 1 of 2