Okay I do Music Practise at college and I have performed twice at college concert.

I am just wondering when i look at Iron Maiden when they are performing they are headbanging and doing crazy stuff.

We are performing Take My Breath Away (Berlin) (yeah don't laugh, singers voive suits it).
and Lose Yourself (Eminem and a bunch of others.

How can I look cool whilst playing Take My Breath Away? Like slowly headbang or what?

Also I'm playing the bass.

Thank you.

Only serious comments only.

No, you just a bassist u cant look cool.

Thanks.

Im actually not a bassist actually im a guitarist, its just the keyboard player does the melody so i went on the bass cos we didnt have one.
Quote by ibrahimasood

How can I look cool whilst playing Take My Breath Away? Like slowly headbang or what?

Just do what feels natural, just don't get to wild with a ballad.
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.

That's the best thing I've read in a while.
Recreate Top Gun and make out with your singer during the song.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
In all seriousness mate, it's a ballad. What exactly do you really want out of it performance wise? I say focus on your playing and do whatever comes natural to you. Move around the stage, sway side to side, play with more physical feeling. Whatever you do just enjoy it and don't over think it.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
dude, run around, jump up and down, even when playing a ballad, that'll be pretty awesome,
and remember to tilt your guitar up and stuff
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Slow air hump
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by ibrahimasood

yes
Quote by ibrahimasood

How can I look cool

I see a problem
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
do what muse do.

have ultimate stage prescence for all of the songs and during the ballad (theirs is 'unintended') just calm it all down, darken the room but have individual spotlights on each member of the band that are playing instruments/singing.

then go back to your normal music and yeh. no stage prescence lost. and the audience will welcome the change.
Um headbanging is barely neceesary if your just going to do eminem after it....it will kill the mood
Remember, when you're doing all these stage moves, you NEED to active star power.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Your job, playing bass, is to support your singer, not upstage him. If he decides to play to the audience during a ballad, you can do a little, but knowing when to stay cool carries more kudos than acting the maggot,
Push the singer into the crowd and then start an epic bass solo.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by ibrahimasood
Okay I do Music Practise at college and I have performed twice at college concert.

I am just wondering when i look at Iron Maiden when they are performing they are headbanging and doing crazy stuff.

We are performing Take My Breath Away (Berlin) (yeah don't laugh, singers voive suits it).

Thank you.

Thanks.

Im actually not a bassist actually im a guitarist, its just the keyboard player does the melody so i went on the bass cos we didnt have one.

does not compute
Quote by Karvid
Push the singer into the crowd and then start an epic bass solo.

+1 for this idea
I defecate all over my clothes to get extra protected
Roses are Red
Violets are Bitchin
God Dammit Woman
Get Back in the Kitchen
Just go right to the front of the stage and lean your leg on one of the foldback monitors (is that what they're called in english? not sure.)

Alternatively, windmill headbang. It's never out of place.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by ibrahimasood

Damn... way to cut off my plans.
Anyway, why worry about it? All that head banging on purpose has probably prevented natural stage movement in the past. If you're playing a song on the bass the right way, it's impossible to stand still and be unanimated. Just let the rhythm walk you around the stage-shaking your head and moving your body and such.
Quote by ibrahimasood

Thank you.

Serious comments only? Seriously? After you've said that you really expect a serious answer?

Oh OK then, the answer is don't attempt to look cool. Leave all the posing and blowing kisses into the audience for the more uptempo stuff, but when you do a ballad, try to be a little more serious. The idea of a ballad is to drop the tempo and volume and all other distractions and emphasise on the song itself, not some guy playing bass and jumping up and down shouting 'Hey everybody, look at me.'