I'm currently thinking of buying a Vox amp which is built for metal, the Valvetronix AD50VT-XL

But I've heard Peavey Amps being recommended alot, specifically the Vypyr 75, and it has a built in Chromatic Tuner.

I need to buy a new tuner, and I can currently get the Vox for £189, and the Peavey for £250. How much would a decent new tuner be, because if its £60 or more dyou think I'm better off just buying the tuner and the Vox, or the Peavey combined? Cos the Peavey has all the effects and stuff, but I'm not sure if I'd use them, also it hasnt the got Valve Reactor.

So Basically...
Vox AD50VTXL and a Tuner and new cables and maybe a footswitch
or
Peavey Vypyr 75 on its own

What do you think is better?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Jan 17, 2009,
Dont decide on an amp based on whether or not it has a tuner. Chromatic tuners are 20$USD and an amp should be bought because you like the sound.

If you like the features/sound of the Peavy then go with it. Otherwise get the Vox.
Get the vox. The peavey vypyr is basically a line 6 type amplifier.
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
The XL Valvetronixes are very harsh. If I were you I'd look into the newer Vox VT50 amps. Never tried a Vypyr though.

Quote by smoots
Get the vox. The peavey vypyr is basically a line 6 type amplifier.

Listen to clips of the Flextone, Vetta II, HD147 and then tell me that all Line 6 amps are bad.

The Vox is also a modeling amp, so it's "basically a line 6 type amplifier" as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jan 17, 2009,
The Vox amp appeals to me due to it being built for metal.

The new VT range is just too expensive which is a shame , and also I'm not sure if its built for Classic Rock like the AD series, Metal like the XL series, or both.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car