Hi, I have been modding and building pedals for a long time now and I'm well experienced at it, often modding for friends and their friends, even modded a pedal for one of my teachers lol and the most requested mod is to have true bypass, often adding an LED along with it.

I have done this to many Ibanez, Behringer, old EHX (all new ones are true bypass), Boss, Digitech, Fender, Danelectro, HB/Boston (boss clones), Belcat, nuX etc.
So I know what I am doing

Depending on the pedal (some are harder to mod than others) I charge around £15-20 (including return postage)

So if you are interesed in getting true bypass on any of your pedals send me a PM or post here and I'll get back to you.

Thanks
Hey man, i haven't got the cash flow right now, but when i have a job i have a number of pedals i would like true bypassed and some modified, What kind's do you build aswell?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Meatball2000
Awesome, i'll try and remember this if the need arises in future

Thanks for the interest, im always a PM away!

Quote by cliff_em_all
Hey man, i haven't got the cash flow right now, but when i have a job i have a number of pedals i would like true bypassed and some modified, What kind's do you build aswell?

Awesome, I'll send you a PM sure!
Apologies for double post but I forgot to mention that I can add true bypass to the Digitech Whammy (WH-4) also.
Quote by kurtlives91
Many new EHX pedals are not true bypass.

really? I thought that after 2002 all new runs were supposed to be?

Thanks though!

Everyone, if you open your EHX pedal (as if youre changing the battery) and you see a blue footswitch, then your model is already true bypass
Quote by timi_hendrix
If you can mod the WH4 to true bypass I'm interested, I thought it couldn't be done?

oh but it can I done it for a friend the other day. Works like a charm! I'll PM you so we can discuss further.
Quote by Entrant_21
really? I thought that after 2002 all new runs were supposed to be?

Thanks though!

Everyone, if you open your EHX pedal (as if youre changing the battery) and you see a blue footswitch, then your model is already true bypass

Many EHX pedals have a "BLUE" 3PDT are NOT true bypass.
Quote by kurtlives91

Many EHX pedals have a "BLUE" 3PDT are NOT true bypass.

Thats odd...all the EH pedals I have come across with the 3PDT have had TB, except an LPB-1 which had little capacitord or ferrite beads in the path.

UPDATE:
If you think your EHX pedal sucks tone in bypass, it may not be true bypass. Sends it to me

Thanks kurt.
Can you mod my Boss Cs-3?

It's noisy as hell and sucks tone so bad I can't even use it, but hear they are really good once modded.....
Quote by fergus74
Can you mod my Boss Cs-3?

It's noisy as hell and sucks tone so bad I can't even use it, but hear they are really good once modded.....

PM'd
I've got an EHX Bass Big Muff, I'd assumed it was true bypass, is it?

Thanks.
Quote by cm261
I've got an EHX Bass Big Muff, I'd assumed it was true bypass, is it?

Thanks.

The new green one? I would say it is
True Bypass is just as much a cause for tone suckage as buffers. In fact good buffers > True Bypass any day of the year.
Ideally you'd get first and last pedals buffered, and all TB in the middle. But even so, that's just on paper. Trust your ears. If people don't care/can't hear the tone 'suckage' (which may not even be there), then so be it for them. Fact is you can NEVER hear the straight to amp sound as your cable induces capacitance anyway, regardless of length, buffers, TB pedald etc...
True bypass doesn't suck any tone, and guitar cable capacitance is negligable as it relates with input cap size on pedal or amps. Also cable resistance is negligable as it also encounters a series resistor making its effects invisible (except a tiny tiny volume loss)

Theres no such thing as a 'good' buffer.. IMO. theyre all the same, high input impedance, low output impedance. Bread and butter, plain as.

Of course buffers ARE needed..in certain effects to get the best tone, but not in the bypass signal of every pedal. Ideally like you said a chain should have a buffer at the beginning and end of a loop and everything TB inbetween, I agree with that.

Every modern boss pedal has (at least) two buffers in the signal at all times, multiply that by the amount of boss effects you have in your chain. then work out their parallel impedance. Exactly. tone suckage

Even the legenday pete cornish buffers can sum up to tone suckage in a chain, think why does david gilmour have so many equalizers?

True bypass is quite the marmite subject for many but if educated enough in whats its all about then everyones tone will be so much better.

I'll sit down and write a document on buffers and TB when I have time and hopefully it will get people thinking more about their tone.
Why? Why would you care what others use? Let them be.

As for the good vs bad buffer, yes there most definitely is... A bog standard guitar -> SD1 -> amp sounds MUCH, MUCH different than guitar -> Carl Martin Plexitone -> amp, everything else being equal. Both are buffered.

Now try this with a TB pedal, or only TB pedals. Add the capacitance of all the cables. Say a 20ft to pedalboard, 20ft to amp, and all the patch cables... you end up with essentially a gigantic 50ft cable. That equals to, even with quality cables, a noticeable high end loss. Some people like it, some don't. Heck it never used to be an issue, not even bad buffers, until all the 'mojo' crowd who sniff at anything that's not TB.

I advise you do some tests man, you'll hear the difference quick. Use a loop pedal, stick a SD1 in there, and swap out between straight to amp/buffered with cables. Hear the difference. Now try it with a full pedalboard of TB pedals. Then with a GOOD buffer in there. All three WILL sound different. It's about which you prefer, not about what is 'best for tone'. Which you prefer depends on everyone's individual ears.

PS Boss pedals aren't what I would consider a good buffer. Some are better or worse than others. The SD1 for instance wasn't great, but it certainly never prevented me from having a tone I liked.
Quote by Pott
Why? Why would you care what others use? Let them be.

As for the good vs bad buffer, yes there most definitely is... A bog standard guitar -> SD1 -> amp sounds MUCH, MUCH different than guitar -> Carl Martin Plexitone -> amp, everything else being equal. Both are buffered.

Now try this with a TB pedal, or only TB pedals. Add the capacitance of all the cables. Say a 20ft to pedalboard, 20ft to amp, and all the patch cables... you end up with essentially a gigantic 50ft cable. That equals to, even with quality cables, a noticeable high end loss. Some people like it, some don't. Heck it never used to be an issue, not even bad buffers, until all the 'mojo' crowd who sniff at anything that's not TB.

I advise you do some tests man, you'll hear the difference quick. Use a loop pedal, stick a SD1 in there, and swap out between straight to amp/buffered with cables. Hear the difference. Now try it with a full pedalboard of TB pedals. Then with a GOOD buffer in there. All three WILL sound different. It's about which you prefer, not about what is 'best for tone'. Which you prefer depends on everyone's individual ears.

PS Boss pedals aren't what I would consider a good buffer. Some are better or worse than others. The SD1 for instance wasn't great, but it certainly never prevented me from having a tone I liked.

The difference between most buffers are the frequencys they attenuate or excite, the SD-1 buffer is more favourable by your tastes because it affects different frequencies than the CM.

I agreed with your point that ideally the chain should be buffer -> pedals -> buffer -> amp im just saying not everything has to be buffered to the max.

Huge cables can cause treble loss, bullet coiled cables come to mind on that thought, and this is slightly remedied by a buffer, I agree on that note.

I know the audible and technical differences between the methods and my tone is all the better from it
Indeed, and well, to sum up, TB removes tone loss caused by buffers, but can also induce another kind of toneloss if you don't use any buffers. In this instance, even a SD1 can bring your sparkle and treble back to your sound.

Hence also why people insist of TB or weird 'mojo' features for pedals when they want to emulate Hendrix, Gilmour or whoever else... these guys never bothered and most often used stock pedals. Wanting to sound like someone else is the surest way to be disapointed.
Can you do boss SD-1s?
Marshall Guv'nor's?
Crybabys?

In the latter, perhaps adding an LED to the low end of the pedal so i know that my sounds suddenly gone very trebley...
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Quote by PCSpeaker
Can you do boss SD-1s?
Marshall Guv'nor's?
Crybabys?

In the latter, perhaps adding an LED to the low end of the pedal so i know that my sounds suddenly gone very trebley...

all of them and an LED is no problem! I'll PM you!
Hey entrant, i may be getting some cash flow soon, How much would areally dirty fuzz run me?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
I recommend Entrant_21...bought a Daneelectro French Toast off him not long ago (off here) modded....it was great and compared to the original ones...this one kicks the **** out of eveything else (my mate even said it made his Boss Overdrive sound ****e)

Bump for a quality seller and a great guy!