Hi, I'm new here, a retired studio musician (string player), living and teaching privately in a rural area. No guitar teachers, but I'd like to learn guitar.

Could anyone recommend a set of books I might use? I have had a couple of lessons, so know how to hold the guitar. And have a good command of theory, music reading, etc.

TIA
>> Fretboard Logic by Bill Edwards

thanks; this is not too hard for a beginner?

I was kind of looking for more than one book, maybe a set of books...
Last edited by cellogurl23 at Jan 17, 2009,
i just read around this site and watched some instructionals on youtube to get started
There's a set of books called "Fast Track" - I wonder if those would be good? And there's a set of books by Mel Bay? I want to be able to read the music. Fingerstyle, too, I think it's calleld??

there's another book called The Guitar Handbook by Denyer?
Quote by cellogurl23
Hi, I'm new here, a retired studio musician (string player), living and teaching privately in a rural area. No guitar teachers, but I'd like to learn guitar.

Could anyone recommend a set of books I might use? I have had a couple of lessons, so know how to hold the guitar. And have a good command of theory, music reading, etc.

TIA

well if your already a musician..

i was going to recommend the inner game of music...

You could always just go to liek a modern method for guitar.. but that starts from the VERY basics...
Quote by redking14ca
well if your already a musician..

i was going to recommend the inner game of music...

You could always just go to liek a modern method for guitar.. but that starts from the VERY basics...

I'm already a musician but I can't play the guitar. The Inner Game of Music is a great book, but it won't tell me how to play the guitar.

That's what I'm asking for: someone to recommend a modern method series, starting from the VERY basics (of guitar).