Page 1 of 2
I didnt even know they were gonna make one. I love In Flames though so id be interested to see it.
Commando of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join maggot!

I
Here are the bass’ stats for those interested: http://www.ibanez.com/bass/guitar.aspx?m=PIB1

I checked their catalogue of recommended prices, and it will sell for around $1,666.65.

While I am primarily a guitar player, I have to admit that this looks like a really nice signature bass. Now if only his brother, Anders Iwers of Tiamat could get a signature bass...

Edit: You can pay $169.99 more to get a hard shell case to go with it. Its available April 2009, so start saving!
Last edited by Xeron Brigs at Jan 17, 2009,
Wow a volume knob, wow for a second i was worried there was going too be tone. God what was i thinking.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I still dont get it, for the average player this is pointless, we need a tone knob simple as, i dont have all these gear to exclude tone.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
I still dont get it, for the average player this is pointless, we need a tone knob simple as, i dont have all these gear to exclude tone.

I suppose Ibanez is figuring that people who buy a Peter Iwers Signature Bass want to have their tone almost exactly like that of Peter Iwers, and having a single knob to worry about does simplify matters.

I prefer to have several knobs and selectors on any instrument that I have, but Ibanez must have its reasons.
Who is this guy anyway, ive never heard of him.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Who is this guy anyway, ive never heard of him.

Peter Iwers is the bassist for the Swedish melodic death metal band "In Flames."

I really only know about him because his brother, Anders Iwers, is the bass player for the band Tiamat, which happens to be one of my favorite bands.
I don't understand the whole "no tone knobs" on sigs
They should just have the tone knobs "click" on the "default tone"
(kind of like EQ knobs on some basses)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
i swear ibanez just changes the finish on the same bass and calls it someone elses sig every year
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
The only people that will buy this are either holy crap rich, or an In Flames mega fan. Seriously, no tone knob. Not cool. Way to ruin a potentially good bass.
There was no potential to it, its th same as the sr's except worse.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Wow - Ibanez releasing another one-knob metal signature SR bass. Another "worst guitar player in the band turned bassist" sig!

However, that knob MAY be concentric. If it is, then no biggie - at least it's passive. It's an interesting vibe. If it's not concentric, and there's just one volume knob, I officially hate Ibanez. Hardwiring both pickups full-on is stupid.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Eh what do you mean by Concentric.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
They... share... the... same centre? One on top of the other? "Stack knobs", dig?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
oh, ok.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Any idea if it's a stack knob?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
From the picture i would think no, but Eh, it could be there. Im doubt full though.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by thefitz
Any idea if it's a stack knob?

Judging by Ibanez's other signature basses only having a volume knob, it probably isn't a stack.
The bottom of the knob looks kinda tubby, and appears to have it's own groove - thinking it could be. But probably not. Because functionality is so UN-METAL.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
The bottom of the knob looks kinda tubby, and appears to have it's own groove - thinking it could be. But probably not. Because functionality is so UN-METAL.

Come on if they had tone knobs we woud have to listen to them.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I think it's a stacked knob.
If it is, it's most likely:
volume-volume
Master volume - Master tone
Master volume - Blend

But whatever it is, you're always pretty limited in your sound shaping.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
I was just about to Email Ibanez but it seems only american s can, someone could find out.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by sam_ofzo
I think it's a stacked knob.
If it is, it's most likely:
volume-volume
Master volume - Master tone
Master volume - Blend

But whatever it is, you're always pretty limited in your sound shaping.

Wouldn't they mention it if it was a stacked knob? I mean, thats a pretty cool feature, right?
If it is, your guess is probably right, but I dont think it is. I've never seen one before though, so I guess I wouldn't know :3
i was going to argue that i rarely use my tone knob on my bass enless i'm tryin to get a warmer fuzz tone, and thusly argue that you're being picky over the loss of that feature

but one volume for both pickups? not even a selector switch?
that's stupid
To it's defense, if it is concentric, is that it's passive. No tone knob - who the hell is going to roll off the tone in a situation where they're playing the friggin In Flames signature bass?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
Because functionality is so UN-METAL.

This reminds me, didnt Mike D'Antionio from Killswitch Engage have Ibanez move the tone+volume knobs on his signature bass to some bizzare location on the body? Or removed them? He got pissed because they get in his way while hes swinging his bass everywhere, so he just did away with them.
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
He, like the Shadows Fall jerk, totally removed all tonal controls except volume (keep in mind these are dual-pickup active basses). The Paul Romanko sig has his volume knob in the usual spot, but that Mike D'Antonio idiot put his volume knob literally right beside the bridge, almost against it. He's so metal he can't pay any attention to anything. In an old Bass Guitar magazine (Jan 2007 I believe), he said something like "even then I still manage to turn myself down!" God forbid those root notes following along with the guitar were out of earshot for a second! Can you even hear him anyway?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Last edited by thefitz at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by CBurtonIsKing
This reminds me, didnt Mike D'Antionio from Killswitch Engage have Ibanez move the tone+volume knobs on his signature bass to some bizzare location on the body? Or removed them? He got pissed because they get in his way while hes swinging his bass everywhere, so he just did away with them.

Quote by thefitz
He, like the Shadows Fall jerk, totally removed all tonal controls except volume (keep in mind these are dual-pickup active basses). The Paul Romanko sig has his volume knob in the usual spot, but that Mike D'Antonio idiot put his volume knob literally right beside the bridge, almost against it. He's so metal he can't pay any attention to anything. In an old Bass Guitar magazine (Jan 2007 I believe), he said something like "even then I still manage to turn myself down!" God forbid those root notes following along with the guitar were out of earshot for a second! Can you even hear him anyway?

Well, to play Devil’s Advocate, if it is what the musician wants, then let them go ahead and do it.

If you’re a bass player who always uses both pickups, never touches his tone knob, and just wants one volume knob parallel to the bridge, then what right does the manufacturer have to tell them that such a setup is wrong?

Personally, I prefer to have plenty of knobs on my instruments, so I can control nearly every aspect of sound. However, if Peter Iwers only uses his volume knob, and that’s all he wants on his signature bass, then he should be able to have that.

If you like what you see then by all means save up for the bass so you can buy it, show it off to your friends, and play the hell out of it. If you don’t like it, just don’t purchase it.
Last edited by Xeron Brigs at Jan 17, 2009,
no tone knob... i would expect making you have at least more tone options than that not that expensive. not worth tht much money.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Quote by watchingmefall
Another ridiculous sig bass. Do we really need this?

ya, seriously. This is the 3rd single knob soundgear signature bass they have made.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Advocate all you want - the fact that they'd release pretty much THREE nearly identical and totally redundant models is such a soulless, ridiculous cash grab it's worth complaining about. If it's his custom bass, I don't care what he has on it. But they're selling it to the public, and the public deserves better. The whole "if you can't say anything nice..." concept is what ruined music because everybody's afraid to point out when music sucks! Black Eyed Peas and Gwen Stefani, I'm looking at you!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz

Thats a shame, i always thought Romanko was a decent player. His tone was flatter than year old Sprite though

As for Mike....ehhh....he has a "bass solo" in Self Revolution, off their original record. To sum it up, Thunderbird + drop C tuning + pick + bad attention to tone. It sounds something like a cross between plucking a rubber band and a really spicy fart.
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
equaliser 1-volume control w/PIB Active circuit

That's off the UK Ibanez site for that bass.

1 volume.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by thefitz
Advocate all you want - the fact that they'd release pretty much THREE nearly identical and totally redundant models is such a soulless, ridiculous cash grab it's worth complaining about. If it's his custom bass, I don't care what he has on it. But they're selling it to the public, and the public deserves better. The whole "if you can't say anything nice..." concept is what ruined music because everybody's afraid to point out when music sucks! Black Eyed Peas and Gwen Stefani, I'm looking at you!

ok firstly, the public are idiots, not deserves nothing
secondly, i's a signature instrument, it by it's very nature IS a blatant cash grab.

and out of curiosity, how can you blame people, who don't buy, produce or even express an interest in bad music, for there being bad music?
you cant stop someone from buying a record by telling them it sucks
talking of unnecessary downgrades
didn't the guy from arch enemy use a black rickenbacker before getting a signature iceman?
that really dosnt seem like a fair trade to me
Page 1 of 2