Hi,

I have a Jackson RR24 and its my first floyd rose guitar. Ive just changed the strings for the first time and I have seemed to have done everything right but what ive noticed is that the actually whammy bar seems tight, you need to give it a good yank down to get it bending or even really really hard up to do higher notes.

Its like its really tight for some reason.

Does anyone know if this is a common thing and how I can loosen it up?

Alot of the videos I see with people doing tricks with a whammy etc seem to be able to push it with ease and if its really loose.

Thanks and all help appreciated.

Rowan
does it seem tighter than before? or the same? could try putting another spring in it so the tension is more distributed.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
May I ask you does the trem sit level? If it doesnt then that may be your problem, I just notice that alot of problems with floyds are easily solved with this.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
May I ask you does the trem sit level? If it doesnt then that may be your problem, I just notice that alot of problems with floyds are easily solved with this.

ah yes. forgot about that. i assumed it was level already. take a look to see if the trem is parralel with the body. if not, adjust the springs until it is.
Quote by Mo Jiggity

Like the other guys said make sure the bridge is level with the body. There are some good videos on youtube on how to adjust a floyd rose if you dont already know how to do it.
The bridge part of the floyd rose is bang on straight with the guitar.

It might just be me not used to a floyd rose so im scared to yank it hard but looking at the vids it should jst be a knick and its bend at least slightly.

Would photo's help to explain the guitar lol?

Also, does anyone have some really in depth lessons on the floyd rose how to pull off some "alex laiho" type tricks ??

Ive seen a few but not the best for completely inpatient and non-knowledge people liek myself :P
Last edited by .Rowan at Jan 17, 2009,
It shouldnt be difficult to push on or pull up it should go pretty easy mine does anyway so Im not sure what the deal is without pics.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Well I can get it moving... Im just wasnt sure if there was a way to make it easier.

When I like pull it all down, flick the G string (hold jokes) and touch a harmonic when the bar is raised it goes up but I cant get it going a high pitch sound like some of the tutorials im reading... also it seems hard to get it sounding right.

Is it just a case of practising or is it a case of something im doing wrong?
practice, ALOT. it will take awhile to get used to using an FR.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by .Rowan
Well I can get it moving... Im just wasnt sure if there was a way to make it easier.

When I like pull it all down, flick the G string (hold jokes) and touch a harmonic when the bar is raised it goes up but I cant get it going a high pitch sound like some of the tutorials im reading... also it seems hard to get it sounding right.

flick the string as in do a pinch harmonic? or just pick the note.
Quote by Mo Jiggity

Quote by .Rowan

You can't just "do" whammy tricks like that - like everything else it takes a lot of time and practice to even get them to work at all, let alone sound good.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
No I understand you dont just do it, sorry if it sounded really **** worded lol.

Do you have any good links or anything so I can learn some whammy techniques?