OK all i want is something that has a midrange bark, with nice dominate highs, and a somewhat tight lo end.

these are the ones im looking into

screamin eagle
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Eminence-Patriot-Screamin-Eagle-12-Guitar-Speaker?sku=660032

Lil Texas
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Eminence-Lil-Texas-12-Guitar-Speaker?sku=660064

Private Jack
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Eminence-Red-Coat-Private-Jack-12-Guitar-Speaker?sku=660045

Black powder
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Eminence-Patriot-Black-Powder-12-Guitar-Speaker?sku=660035

Red White and Blue
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Eminence-Patriot-Red-White-and-Blues-Guitar-Speaker?sku=660033

what do you guys think.

Also what can i expect from a higher rated speaker.

What would be the immediate diffrence between lest say one that can handdle 120 and one that is limited to 60 or 50 watts.
Ive got to say its between the private jack, man o war, and red white and blue.

I wouldnt want something to midsy because a classic 30 is already midsy enough as it is.
i haven't tried any of those, unfortunately. i think the rw+b is meant to be quite middy, but that's just from the description and listening to the soundclips.

to answer your wattage question, a higher-rated speaker will have less chance of blowing, but will also have a bit less speaker distortion... depends what you want, and how much of a risk you're willing to take. i'd imagine that any of those eminences should be fine, but i could be wrong.

what type of tone are you after? the patriots are american-voiced speakers, while the redcoats are british-voiced...

EDIT: emailing eminence is probably a good idea, too, they're normally very happy to answer in-depth questions...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 17, 2009,
Thanks Dave Mc.

It never fails to amaze me how much help you can be.

Yah after extensive sound clips its definately between the Governor and the Wizard.

Ive played quite a few vintage 30 clone and i got to say i like the sound alot.

sometimes they seem a bit to dark for me you know but with good Equing i could probly get past that.

I guese im after something that would be along the lines of of punk with a bit of speed metal and post gunge. Ill be going from rythym to lead, not really just be playing rythym and then trow in a riff here and then, so i need something with soaring highs and a tight lo end.

http://www.eminence.com/soundclips.asp

what do you think between the wizzard and the governor.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Jan 17, 2009,
again, i'm not sure, i haven't tried those either. from what i hear, the governor is their v30, the wizard their g12h30 (the private jack is their greenback, i think). it's really up to you, to be honest, as i said, emailing them would be worth a try at least, just in case they know that some of their speakers don't sound good with a classic 30 or something, or in case they know of a model which is a very popular swap for the classic 30.

not sure how much help i'm being, i've never actually tried any of those speakers... problem with speakers is that it's a bit like pickups, you're never 100% sure how it's going to turn out until you've tried it...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yup, yup.

Im probly ganna end up with the Wizard it just seems really well ballanced clear and cut with lots of mids.

I really like it over the dark voiced Governer.

I think the popular speaker for the C30 would have to be there texas heats but i personally dont like the sound.

Also thanks for the reply on the whole wattage thing, i figure 75 watts would be a happy medium for a 30 watt amp that probly needs a 50 watt speaker.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Jan 17, 2009,
yeah. around about double the amp's rated wattage is probably a good compromise for being both safe (i.e. you'll be unlucky if it blows up) and pushed hard enough to sound good too.

and yeah, there's something about the texas heats (based on the sound clips, though i may have unwittingly tried them too in a krank cab) that i don't like either, which is annoying, as on paper they're exactly what i want- an american-voiced speaker which can do both american and british tones (priority is american, but i want british too), and which is rated highly enough for my engl... eminence told me the 2" voice coil might be why i thought it sounded a little "sterile" in the clips, so maybe that's it. only problem being, all the higher-rated 12" american-voiced speakers have a 2" voice coil apart from the r, w + b, and it doesn't seem to come in the impedance i want (plus i suspect it may be a little warm-sounding).

grr

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They should really put in importance to speakers at guitar stores as much as amps and guiatrs IMO.

Would it be so hard to ask for a wall of 112 speaker cabs like a dozen or so with diffrent speakers in them to test out.

damit just changed my mind and figured the governer would sound better for a dark distorted tone.
WHATEVER you do, take before and after clips!
Every time I hear about someone getting a new speaker. They post after clips. Yeah it sounds good, but how much better then stock?!?!?
Also just not to start a new thread.

What is some of the things people here do with there classic 30's.

I like the second channel, it gets pretty gainy but i much preffer running the first clean channel all the **** up to 10 or 12 and then running my CM-2 infront of it if it needs more distortion or boost.

Im probly ganna end up getting two diffrent speakers to compelment each other its damn hard to decide but thanks again.
Quote by THEKID546
Also just not to start a new thread.

What is some of the things people here do with there classic 30's.

I like the second channel, it gets pretty gainy but i much preffer running the first clean channel all the **** up to 10 or 12 and then running my CM-2 infront of it if it needs more distortion or boost.

Im probly ganna end up getting two diffrent speakers to compelment each other its damn hard to decide but thanks again.

I can't realistically crank mine that high in my room, so I use the gain channel more often than not for distorted sounds.

Umm, I'm thinking maybe you should just buy a 2x12 to stick under it.

I'm thinkin Avatar.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
^yah i already have a 212 lopo line.

I mentioned somewhere here i got a carvin but it was a lopo line.

i tired the classic 30 trough a 112 and 212 and 412.

It sounded so nice trough a 212 above anything else.

I know what im ganna get now for the set up, i just dont see how I can go wrong with thise set up.

Im ganna use a Wizard for sure and a Private Jack.

Baisicly a greenback and a G12H30 like Dave Mc said above.

Hopefully this babby rips.
Quote by THEKID546
They should really put in importance to speakers at guitar stores as much as amps and guiatrs IMO.

Would it be so hard to ask for a wall of 112 speaker cabs like a dozen or so with diffrent speakers in them to test out.

damit just changed my mind and figured the governer would sound better for a dark distorted tone.

haha, you're nearly as indecisive as me!

that'd be a great idea with a speaker wall. i know matamp does that at its amp factory, but obviously that's only the one place, and you can only try them with their amps...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no idea, to be honest. i think the name sounds vaguely familiar, but that's about it.

have you tried asking round some other forums?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yes I probly should.

Ive just been popping stuff into google.

you know, mojotone+classic 30.

I should definately check out HC tough thanks again Dave.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?