Ok i need a amp for BELOW £310 it needs to be tube and suited to a gladius sp. So meatal, rock and maby blues.

I wnat the BEST distortion that i can have, i would like good cleans but distortion comes first!!

I am looking at a sound city 40w.

I apriciate all help, or people trying to help.

Thanks very much

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
ok - are there any amps that put down on noise level and up on features?

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
40 Watts is equivelant to ~120w of Solid State. And you have to crank it to get it to sound good...

No, 40 Watts tube is 40 Watts SS. Tube just seems louder to Human Ears.
If you can get one a bugera 6260 combo
or you could wait for the new peavey 6505+ 112 combo to come out and save in the mean time
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
I don't think that a 6505+ 112 will be in his price bracket! Below £310 (odd price!) doesn't get much valve amp so a Peavey Valve King is the obvious candidate at £279. They're decent enough amps for the money and can be reasonably versatile but benefit from upgrades to speaker and valves. Another choice might be the Laney VC15-110 at £282. It doesn't do huge levels of distortion itself but has a very good tone and takes pedals well.

Alternatively, look second hand as there can be good buys out there. My amp cost just under £300 and already had upgrades done to it and was in mint condition.

Your other choice of course is to question if you actually need a valve amp at all for what you're doing. I'd also look at something like the Peavey Vypyr 75w which is £249, has loads of features and is very impressive. I don't know what you're using the amp for but it could well be an excellent alternative.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Highwaytohell
Laney AOR50 like acdcrocks said. That's what you need.

+1

No way will the Soundcity get the sound you want.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Doadman
I don't think that a 6505+ 112 will be in his price bracket!

I actually heard it's supposed to be around $550 so with some saving you might be able to afford it. No idea what that is in Euros though probably around 400.