I've bought Total Guitar, Guitarist, and Guitar Techniques in the past, but as I live in France, I can't really buy them regularly with ease. So I was considering getting a subscription to either TG or Guitarist. I've found it hard to separate the two in terms of content - any advice, Pit?
Quote by joshua122593
Go to the US

Fail.

Go with Guitarist.
Although, I went with TG myself, but occasionally buy Guitarist in the shops.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Stay away from TG, its gone miles downhill since a year ago,

They use terms such as:

Rawkin'

....Exactly
SWFC
TG is great for beginners and GT is great for those who are past the beginners stage and want to progress.

Im not too familiar with Guitarist, it seem to be more focused on gear.
Guitar: Jackson JS30KV
PSN id : craig_241
Steam
Feel free to add me!
Guitarist, I've been buying it for about 4 years and only a few times has it printed something so clearly wrong that I've shouted at it. And Charles Shaar Murray is a legend too.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Jesus those magazines are so bad now. I stopped buying them in 1997 and now i noticed they hardly get any decent tabs. Guitarist is still full of ads Total guitar is fully of crappy little riffs so guitar techniques is the best of a bad bunch (is guthrie govan still working for them?).

Guitar world used to have friedman petrucci skolnick and eric johnson do columns. I used to have to buy all the mags because there was no ultimate guitar in the 90s!
UG FTW
Last edited by Zbigniev at Jan 17, 2009,
total guitars become a pile of wank all they seem to cover now is trivium and avenged sevenfold and bullet for my valentine

guitarist tends to be alot better but its pricey
i quite like guitar buyer its all reviews and guitar news no tabs and its only like 3.50
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Guitarist by a mile.

It has a much wider range of genres covered, decent gear reviews, interviews with people hwo are actually respectable, good transcriptions, and they dont give every single thing they review 5 stars.

Quote by Tombe
Charles Shaar Murray is a legend too.

QFT.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Last edited by ScottB. at Jan 17, 2009,
I think TG has way too much of a metal and rock image and more focused on younger people.

Guitarist looks more mature and has great reviews and lessons.
i wouldn't buy any. they're not worth the money...
haven't tried gt. tg is for beginners and guitarist has some good lessons but has too many adverts and too much advice on gear. the lessons also don't last long and can be too easy also.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by steve!

i quite like guitar buyer its all reviews and guitar news no tabs and its only like 3.50

I don't particularly like the reviews in Guitar Buyer, they seem to spend 3 pages talking about truss rod covers then when it gets to what the guitar actually sounds like they put something along the lines of 'It sounds good' then end the review. I don't trust anyone who can describe the sound of a Rickenbacker 330 in one paragraph.

Also the layout's a mess, there's a couple of gear reviews, then the news, then a gear review, then some interviews, then more gear reviews...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
In terms of content -

Total Guitar - Focused on rock and metal, particularly modern rock and metal. Mediocre, easy lessons, aimed mainly at younger players and beginners.

Guitarist - Wide variety of genres covered with well written articles and lessons, which unfortunatley never seem to last long enough. Packed with ads and gear reviews.

Guitar Techniques - Aimed at people who really want to learn and perfect their technique, well written, if not particularly varied overall.

I would advise getting Guitarist for the articles and reviews, and Guitar Techniques for the lessons. If I'm not mistaken Guitar Techniques only costs a couple of quid, so I'd get a subscription to both.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Sonny_sam
In terms of content -

Total Guitar - Focused on rock and metal, particularly modern rock and metal. Mediocre, easy lessons, aimed mainly at younger players and beginners.

Guitarist - Wide variety of genres covered with well written articles and lessons, which unfortunatley never seem to last long enough. Packed with ads and gear reviews.

Guitar Techniques - Aimed at people who really want to learn and perfect their technique, well written, if not particularly varied overall.

I would advise getting Guitarist for the articles and reviews, and Guitar Techniques for the lessons. If I'm not mistaken Guitar Techniques only costs a couple of quid, so I'd get a subscription to both.

Quoted for truth.