EDIT: Pics now included!

Well, this is my first new pedal day in about five years. It's about time too; I haven't used my GNX in about two or three years.

First, my new Fulltone OCD. It's a V4 and was built within the last two weeks. The OCD really does live up to all of the hype that people give it. It feels like I'm not even playing with it on a good chunk of the time. The sustain and drive sounds natural and like it's being produced by my amplifier and not a pedal even when I'm using it as a drive and not a clean boost. Pretty much every setting I've tried sounds, at the least, very good, but I haven't tried it enough to figure out which is my favorite yet. I do wish it had a blue LED rather than a red one, but I think I can let that slide given that it sounds so good.

Last, I also got a Fulltone GT-500. I'm guessing it's about a month or two old now, but I haven't peeked inside to check. I had tried this out in my local store a couple of times and just about died when I heard this pedal with both sides turned on. It was the most rich gain I had ever heard in my life from my rig. The few times I tried it out today just confirmed that it was the right choice for my high-gain needs. I don't know how it compares to the power tube distortion my amp can produce because I don't have a way to turn it up that loud without my neighbors alerting the authorities, but I can't imagine it's much better.

I'm planning on using the OCD before the GT so that I can have a clean boost, a mild overdrive, and a fairly heavy distortion all at once. If I can figure out a way to record sound clips other than videotaping, I'll put some up later.
Last edited by mikewaz at Jan 17, 2009,
Nice choice, I tried the OCD last week for the first time and was extremely impressed as well My friend wound up buying one but since I got my Zendrive and Mosferatu the week before I held off on getting it since those do everything I need just as well.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Nice looking pedals man. I wanna get a OCD but no stores around me have fulltone products.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
Nice looking pedals man. I wanna get a OCD but no stores around me have fulltone products.

I actually ordered them straight from Fulltone. They're blemished products. Three of the corners of the OCD are very slightly chipped, and there's a little bit of the glossy finish on the top of the GT-500 missing. I honestly could care less whether they were cosmetically perfect or not since I saved around $50 from the MSRP total and about $40 from what most online stores sell them at. It's something you may want to look into if you are okay with having a pedal that isn't in mint condition out of the box.
Thats a good idea, deffinatly worth looking into. What I meant was I would want to try one before buying, I dont trust these youtube clips.
So when you bought it, how much did it come to compared to without the discount you got? I'd imagine you still have to pay shipping and handeling eh?
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
I think brand new from Proguitarshop, the two would have cost about $330 with shipping, and I paid $290 for the pair with shipping. Pretty good deal.

As for buying before trying, I agree that it's risky to do so even with sound clips, but the PGS video library does a pretty good job of showing the range of each pedal, and they put a lot of effort into making sure that you can hear exactly what they sound like through their gear. Regardless, I tried them both out in a couple of stores before I bought them and knew what they would sound like to me. A lot of places do allow you a certain number of days to return the product if you're not satisfied with it, but I'd assume that you would only get back store credit.
Nice man! I heard a sound clip of the OCD by chance today and I really liked it! Nice, thick sound
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
Wow I thought these things were like $150 tops! $300's a bit pricey for me, I might have to go with a tube screamer.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
Wow I thought these things were like $150 tops! $300's a bit pricey for me, I might have to go with a tube screamer.

The pair cost ~$300, the OCD is only like $130.
Oh hahahah, whew! Guess I shouldve read that more closely.
My Gear:

Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for: