This is the idea that instead of being on a monophasic sleep cycle (one long sleep a day), its on a multiple nap cycle. The way it works is you take a nap for 20 minutes every 4 hours. As long as you stick to this schedule, you'll supposedly be adapted to it and be able to live off of it. This is the type of thing war generals such as Napoleon used in order to be able to give constant commands on the battlefields.

I'm thinking about doing this for a senior project in high school, or just for fun. Anyone every heard about this before or done anything like it?
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
My brother tried it, he said it was really tiring in the beginning
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
I misread the title as "Polyphasic Sheep," and I got really excited

Just imagine those sheep, polyphasing all over the place!
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I'm sure it's possible to live off 2 hours of sleep every day, but that would suck. You don't get a single R.E.M. cycle in polyphasic sleep either. How is that a good idea?
Quote by Gunpowder
I misread the title as "Polyphasic Sheep," and I got really excited

Just imagine those sheep, polyphasing all over the place!

haha
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Da Vinci did it but then again, da Vinci is dead.

IT OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T WORK.

It's true.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Da Vinci did it but then again, da Vinci is dead.

IT OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T WORK.

this!!
It's all just a joke

Quote by Avedas
I'm sure it's possible to live off 2 hours of sleep every day, but that would suck. You don't get a single R.E.M. cycle in polyphasic sleep either. How is that a good idea?

Not true, your body adapts to being able to get REM sleep in those short efficient naps.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Quote by k7apex
Not true, your body adapts to being able to get REM sleep in those short efficient naps.

This dudes right. I did a paper over this for my Psychology class last semester. Its really pretty interesting if you like this kind of stuff.
I had a friend who did it...and he was lucky that his teachers let him nap in class.
Quote by k7apex

Interesting... I think I'd be pretty bored in the middle of the night though and just go to sleep anyways.
I don't sleep all night anyway, I generally sleep from about 4 or 5am for three or four hours, wake up, inject (insulin), eat breakfast, sleep a bit more, wake up, do stuff for a while, then sleep again for a couple of hours in the afternoon, then maybe have another couple of hours sleep a bit later.

And I totally misread the title as polyphasic sheep
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by Godsmack_IV
You're pretty much screwed if you're trying to work a shift longer than 4 hours...

You could sleep on a 30min break.
i thought this said polyphasic sHeep so this made sense to me.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Didn't Kramer try this in an Episode of Seinfeld?
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
ive done it working graveyard shift sleeping on my lunch its incredibly hard to naturally get into the cycle you'll need some sort of sleep medication the thing is sleep meds are supposed to make you sleep for hours not minutes so you'll be cranky as hell when your forced to get up in 20 minutes if you can actually get into the cycle to the point of doing it naturally it is easy and you'll be just as refreshed as sleeping all night, but your going to be bored as **** all the time and also if you're out with friends and you dont get your 20 minutes it throws the entire thing out of wack. you basically have to be home for 20 minutes every 4 hours which if you have a life is harder than it sounds.

long story short. hard to get into, easy once you can do it naturally but boring and not worth it in the long run.
Quote by Garret.
Didn't Kramer try this in an Episode of Seinfeld?

Yeah, but lets hope anyone who does this doesn't turn out like him
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Quote by Garou1911

Donate to my cause
Quote by Avedas
You could sleep on a 30min break.

Granted you have 8 hour minimum shifts, then ya you could sleep during your lunch break, anywhere between 4 and 8 and it wouldn't work, a lot of places are quite fond of giving out just under 8 hour shifts too.