So Steinberg basically ripped off fruity loops, autotune and melodyne...

Sigh, and they're calling it 'innovation'.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
haha well if i could have cubase fruity loops and auto tune in one package thatd be awsome
This needs to be a lot more stable than version 4.
And their customer support needs to drastically improve.

The new features? people dont need half-assed implementations of stuff that other sequencers have had for ages, when the core of the program is a buggy mess. sort out the stability first steinberg!
I have version 4 and I don't find it buggy.

I have also had to deal with Steinberg Canada on two occasions, and their customer support has been stellar.

What has your experience with Steinberg and Cubase been to cause you such dissatisfaction?

And innovation....

Who developed the ASIO standard?
Who developed the VST standard?

What other apps allow you to change the tempo of AND transpose audio on the fly in real time without having to apply processing or muck about with timing markers first?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Last edited by axemanchris at Jan 17, 2009,
I haven't used cubase personally since SX3, some of my mates used it a lot up until recently. they have a real ****ty attitude towards their customers, if you report a bug on the official forum the mods delete the thread and the refuse to acknowledge the bug.

your lucky it works so well for you it seems to be very patchy, half of the time it works fine and the other half of the time you'd be lucky to keep a stable session running.

ya they created ASIO and VST, good for them. my issue is that no-one really needs a half-hearted auto-tune when most serious users have already forked out for anteres auto-tune. there isn't much point adding this stuff when third-party developers have done it so well.
Great,.now we can all look forward to the new posts asking us " I just downloaded cubase 5...how do i ....? "......just great.
Last edited by PsychomanZ at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by slash-120
any idea on the price or when it comes out?

All I know is it's gonna be much more than I have
yes indeed, ableton have really stepped up on what was already a brilliant product. its been a good namm
There were some attempts at cracking Cubase 4, but from what I've heard, all of them were really unstable. Perhaps that was a problem with a lot of people being dissatisfied. (and perhaps this is why all the warez users are all using SX3 )

I remember when the official forum at cubase.net went to a 'registered user only' format, the amount of whining and moaning about instability dropped quite significantly.

I also remember reading, in H2O's own words, (I believe this was SX2), that if future releases were similarly well protected, that they wouldn't bother with it. They claimed it took something like 1500 man-hours to do, and it really wasn't worth the effort. Maybe that's why they finally gave up at SX3?

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Last edited by axemanchris at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by slash-120
any idea on the price or when it comes out?

I think I heard $599 and shipping in February for USA. Canadian dates/prices haven't been announced yet. Dunno about other territories.

CT