im going on my first date with a girl i've liked a while but im really not sure what to do for a date. i dont want to spend too much money but i want to show her a good time as well. i thought about going to a movie but a friend told me first dates at movies are akward because we'll probably just end up sitting there and not doing anything.

so im thinking an hour of bowling about $15-$20 then dinner at ihop which is almost right next to the bowling alley $15, then $10 for flowers which im told is a must for a first date.

my goal is to come off well enough to where she'll want to go on a second date with me. does this sound like a good plan, any tips on the date will come in handy as well

i checked the search bar and found the relationship thread but this seemed different because she has agreed to the date, i just dont know what to do now
If I was in your situation, I'd take her to a fancy Itallian restaurant. It's not that expensive for 2 people. I just find something like the movies doesn't spring up much class and has kids written all over it. I mean, it's alright, I just wouldn't like it - too childish for me. Please, to God, don't bring her to a bowling alley - no no.
I also find flowers on a first date too corny as if an act of desperation. Flowers would be something that you expect on a third date but that's just me.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Jan 17, 2009,
bring a condom
dont use the condom
??????
pregnancy!
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
Congradulations, you are a genious even if you are intoxicated.

Quote by Godsmack_IV
lucky bastard and your knowlegde of chemical engineering...

Quote by FortuneFaded
you guys are geniuses.

Quote by tonedeafidiot
^That is genius!

:stickpoke why dose yellow hate blue? WHY!
First Date - blink-182
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
i like the plan you came up with, but a really nice italian resturant and mabey a walk through the park, i used to do that all the time, ah, good times. but the pit is like the worst place to ask these kind of questions, your most likely get rape, condoms, cum blood because there are alot of immature people in the pit.
how old are you/do you have a car?

i would say (based on your original idea) go to an Olive Garden, get some food, then go for a walk or something informal.. the whole idea is that you want a place to talk and stuff...

and who knows where you'll be walking to...... ohh lala
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
go to the cinemas and get one bucket of popcorn cut a hole in the bottom and put it on ur lap and sick ur dick inside

or daterape
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Pick her up from her house. Sit her down and just say, "Listen. I'm gonna be completely honest with you. A wise man once said 'A woman will fake an orgasm for a relationship, but a man will fake a relationship for an orgasm.' I believe this man to be completely correct so lets just skip the bull****, okay?"
Quote by Harmonius

I also find flowers on a first date too corny as if an act of desperation. Flowers would be something that you expect on a third date but that's just me.

I disagree, I think it's a good way to show appreceation even if it is a common gift. It's not too expensive and it almost universally liked.
well... make it something special, the ideas I hears so far are as original as the songs most of the local metalcore bands make

btw, don't worry about that second date thingy, if she's going out with you, she must be interested (unless if your ugly and got a pity date), she'll be as nervous as you (obviously you are)

darn dude, I had first dates where I spent a total of... 0$, just grab a bottle of wine, some towels (to sit on), a candle or three and go plant yourselves in a local forest/park (I have loads in my area, so that's easy ) and you're set to go.

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Quote by esp1234
Who needs all that when you can take her to GUITARCENTER

He has a mighty fine point
Quote by guitaringnathan
im going on my first date with a girl i've liked a while but im really not sure what to do for a date. i dont want to spend too much money but i want to show her a good time as well.

Seriously dude, if you've like her for a while, then don't cheap out

If you actually like this girl, then money shouldnt be an issue (obviously within reason, no hummer limo's on the first date) lol
Quote by mental_zer0

The fear of the clock became too obvious. got expelled.

Quote by jmilli2
Spread rumours that she is a jew. Then all you need to do is sit back and wait for the secret police to make her 'disappear'.

lol?
Ignore that big plan of yours and just get her drunk, i guarantee you it will work!
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Squier Strat (in bits LOL)
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
Quote by Tire Me.

And more appropriate

Is that Mark Hoppus and Tom Delonge? First Date, blink-182...

That was an extremely well-played post
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by numinis
well... make it something special, the ideas I hears so far are as original as the songs most of the local metalcore bands make

btw, don't worry about that second date thingy, if she's going out with you, she must be interested (unless if your ugly and got a pity date), she'll be as nervous as you (obviously you are)

darn dude, I had first dates where I spent a total of... 0$, just grab a bottle of wine, some towels (to sit on), a candle or three and go plant yourselves in a local forest/park (I have loads in my area, so that's easy ) and you're set to go.

If i did that where i live i'd get stabbed by chavs
Quote by esp1234
Who needs all that when you can take her to GUITARCENTER

And play her a 30 min blues solo...
Or some pop song.. whatever does it for her..
So far cost of date $0

Then just walk with her around...
Window shopping..
Still $0

Go to the park and lay there...
STill $0
Just make sure you don't say, "So what do you wanna do?" Cause they'll just be like, "I don't know." Girls hate that kind of stuff. Going to a park is a good idea. Going to a cafe and getting coffee is another good one. And don't just go to Starbucks, actually go to one of your local coffee shops.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Its weird this thread is the most serious thread i'v ever seen , and the worst part is it includes daterape and guitarcenter!!!
Quote by will123456789

and mate: ure the first 08er to make me laugh kudos

Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Turn it off and on again.

^ Golden computer rule.

Quote by Spamwise
I've had a hooker die once. I love getting free stuff.
post this in the relationship thread. when you do it add how old you are.

*reported*
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Assuming she doesn't hate bowling, it's actually a good first date idea. Activity dates are always a good idea early on because it takes pressure off of having to souly talk the whole time like you would at dinner. It also gives you something to joke around about when either of you do badly.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke