The US gets this,

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S670PB

and the Uk get... what?

I guess, the S470B looks pretty sweet. But really, why does Ibanez insist on giving the UK the finger on choice of guitars?

And the fixed bridge RGs... "oh i know, we'll make them all black for the Uk, and give the US some green ones and an awesome lavender one."
Well, you could get and US-only Ibanez that you want shipped over to you from the US, if you really want it. I know that adds a lot of price...but what can you do, right?
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
...we kicked Britain's ass in TWO wars - and we saved their asses in not one, but TWO world wars...

... world superiority comes into play, as well... a more dominant market, too...

... we also had the foresight to bomb the crap out of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, so we own the Japanese, basically. They HAVE to give us the best of what they got!
Last edited by SoulTrip at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by SoulTrip
...we kicked Britain's ass in TWO wars - and we saved their asses in not one, but TWO world wars...

... world superiority comes into play, as well... a more dominant market, too...

... we also had the foresight to bomb the crap out of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, so we own the Japanese, basically. They HAVE to give us the best of what they got!

Sigh, people like you make me sad to be an American.
Technically we (The Brits) own American, becuase if we never settled there, you guys wouldn't exist.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
Technically we (The Brits) own American, becuase if we never settled there, you guys wouldn't exist.

French, Dutch, Spanish all had settlements in America as well...
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by SoulTrip

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
French, Dutch, Spanish all had settlements in America as well...

But was the Declaration of Independance and the Constitution signed by French, Ducth and Spanish? Right.
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel

Lol! I KNEW I'd draw some comments for THAT!

Britain was the world's bully, and we were one of the first (if not the first) to stick it to them. Ever since then, the influence of the british is next to nothing, while America is the world's only real super power.

YOU figure it out, buddy...

Seriously, from a business stand-point, it seems like a good move to provide the options to us americans - we probably buy more crap than britain, so it would make sense to send your product where you'd get more volume of sales.
Last edited by SoulTrip at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by SoulTrip
Lol! I KNEW I'd draw some comments for THAT!

Britain was the world's bully, and we were one of the first (if not the first) to stick it to them. Ever since then, the influence of the british is next to nothing, while America is the world's only real super power.

YOU figure it out, buddy...

Actually, China holds the biggest influence. China holds the majority of US investments. If China withdraws all those, the US will collapse.
And, it really doesn't matter who holds more authority, cause the Brits still founded the American colonies, which is what America became.

Oh, and UK is the bully? *cough*Iraq*cough*
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
But was the Declaration of Independance and the Constitution signed by French, Ducth and Spanish? Right.

Would the people who signed the Declaration and Constitution consider themselves Brits?
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by Baby Joel
Actually, China holds the biggest influence. China holds the majority of US investments. If China withdraws all those, the US will collapse.
And, it really doesn't matter who holds more authority, cause the Brits still founded the American colonies, which is what America became.

Oh, and UK is the bully? *cough*Iraq*cough*

If I had MY way, we'd be bombing Iran, too - Syria, Jordan, the whole middle east.
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
Would the people who signed the Declaration and Constitution consider themselves Brits?

Does it matter? They come from England. (Well, they were descendants of people who came from England).

SoulTrip, that is why you don't have your way.
it's all coming back

Quote by SoulTrip

We had the largest empire the world has ever known and owned 4/5 of the world's surface.

Don't try and play the history card
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Baby Joel
Does it matter? They come from England. (Well, they were descendants of people who came from England).

SoulTrip, that is why you don't have your way.

Yeah, but my point is that North America still would've been settled with or without the British.
Strats & Seagulls
But would it have still ended up being the America we know now? I doubt it.
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
But would it have still ended up being the America we know now? I doubt it.

What if New York was still New Amsterdam? My ass would be there in a heartbeat.
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
Yeah, but my point is that North America still would've been settled with or without the British.

Perhaps even by the people who already lived here.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I foresee a UK vs. USA war again... over a Japanese guitar hahaha
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
No one gives a shit, faggots.

The Americans are fat, and stupid, and all Brits are posers and chavs. End of discussion.

On topic, you could just import a guitar if it bothers you that much.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
PEOPLE

The UK and US are the best 2 countries in the world, there is so many facts for either side of the argument.

WE SHOULD flame on **** countries
Last edited by stewart91 at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by stewart91
PEOPLE

The UK and US are the best 2 countries in the world, there is so many facts for either side of the argument.

WE SHOULD flame on **** countries

+1

edit-found it

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by Kahn89
Sigh, people like you make me sad to be an American.

you sir, are my favourite american
Don't troll the troll. If he thinks his country is better because of it's weapons and military, let him, we'll all know he's a retard and nobody has to rage.

Wow, i leave for what, 2 hours, and the thread i started turns into an America vs UK debate?
Quote by DEATHPANDA
Don't troll the troll. If he thinks his country is better because of it's weapons and military, let him, we'll all know he's a retard and nobody has to rage.

My country IS better - it is recognized around the world as the free-est, most profitable country with the best military and the biggest GDP. It is a FACT. It's not what I think - it's what everyone across the world ALREADY KNOWS.
wtf

this is like xbox live....only on a forum

nice guitar btw. it's kind of like how Japan can get all of those beautiful Ibanez's the rest of the world can't (j-customs for instance) or how Edwards have to be imported into the US but not sold directly in the country.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by SoulTrip
My country IS better - it is recognized around the world as the free-est, most profitable country with the best military and the biggest GDP. It is a FACT. It's not what I think - it's what everyone across the world ALREADY KNOWS.

It is a fact that your country is better? No, it is your opinion you ignorant ****. There are people in other countries who are proud to be from where they are, and you can't acknowledge that. What a pity.
Quote by octavarium78
I foresee a UK vs. USA war again... over a Japanese guitar hahaha

I, sir, have my tri-cornered hat and powdered wig at the ready!

As for "better?"

I've done my share of living abroad. Some countries are "freer" in certain ways than we are. Some are prettier in some ways. Having a big army and GDP? Meh. That's not "better" just "is."

There are definitely things I miss about my time abroad...like REAL beer at McDonalds!

But, on the whole, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else for very long...too much I love about the ol' USA.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 17, 2009,
What has this world come to, where a simple guitar rant turns into a flaming argument of patriotic "mine is bigger than yours"?

Although the red S470 looks rather cool, that burled poplar top does look tasty. Oh, and this lack of variety doesn't apply to the UK alone. There are other European countries suffering here, you know...