How do you do it? I can only do single hand, and I wanna learn how to do this style, like on Van Halen songs. Thanks for the help.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
I'm not sure why someone told you something about single hand tapping, as tapping requires two hands by definition, but you hit a note with a finger on your picking hand, pull-off to a note fretted with your fretting hand or open string. That's tapping. Have you ever seen footage of tapping or seen it in person.

Quote by Nyrve
probably...

Quote by Smithsc
magic

Both of you, *reported*
^I've never seen tapping close up, but when I hit a string with a finger from one hand, that note plays.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
Quote by bangoodcharlote

Both of you, *reported*

This is why I hate Ultimate Guitar forums... You get reported for everything...

Don't report me too!
This video is rather helpful.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=-51iHvqP0Rs

Youtube can help a lot for these sorts of things.

EDIT: Oh wow he advertises the hell of himself at the end. Just ingnore that part you can get his stuff free on youtube usually. Or even on UG.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Last edited by Øttər at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by Øttər
Oh, good, someone posted a video! As soon as you see tapping, you get it. Honestly, basic tapping (like Eruption) is not that hard but looks really cool. Don't worry, tapping gets harder. Look for some Michael Romeo tapping on Youtube.

Quote by AcousticLesPaul

Don't report me too!
A report just notifies a mod that a post of thread is a problem. If a mod comes here and doesn't like something that wasn't even reported, he can give out a warning. I don't have to report you.
Quote by AcousticLesPaul

Don't report me too!

+1
Quote by luyezi27
+1

Reported for spam (which is funny and ironic). All reporting does is bring a post to the mods' attention. What they do about it is up to them, they make good decisions, that's why they're mods.

Thanks for backing me on the video thing. It is true, once you see it, you get it.

And it's also true that tapping gets way harder!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.