I have a VERY old laptop (windows 98). The screen on it is fine, although sometimes windows freezes. I was wondering if there were a way to hook up that laptop to my current laptop to use as a second monitor. If it's possible, how would I do this and what cord would I need?
Thanks.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
seriously please?

using another laptop strictly as a monitor doesn't sound like its something that could be easily achieved. considering its hardwired into the rest of the unit.

it'd probably be far easier to just pick up a new monitor.. smaller sized lcds aren't super pricey anymore.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
buy another monitor, there are some networking tricks you could attempt to try to get it toi work, but unless you are a networking professional (or have equivalent knowledge) don't even bother.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Yo dawg, I heard yo like monitors, so I put a monitor by yo' monitor, so yo' can monitor while you monitor.

/Old.
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
Quote by boreamor
Get them together in a nice fancy restaraunt and play spanish guitar for them.

Niceeeee.

damn beaten to it on the first post!!

Quote by J-B
Yo dawg, I heard yo like monitors, so I put a monitor by yo' monitor, so yo' can monitor while you monitor.

/Old. YET CLASSIC

fixed

ts buy a new monitor
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Last edited by metalmanjosip at Jan 17, 2009,
ok thanks for the help...I was just trying to be cheap :P