Huh? I blew mine by diming(setting everything to 10) my MXR Distortion and plugging it into my Microcube on full volume.

Need a new, versatile speaker to put it in. It's a 5" speaker...
You could buy another I guess. Im not sure how cost effective it would be to replace a speaker.

Also, why were you playing it max?
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by silly hats
You could buy another I guess. Im not sure how cost effective it would be to replace a speaker.

Also, why were you playing it max?

I was bored...

The stock speaker is crap anyways. It farts out on you at any bass... Makes the Blackface and Acoustic modeling modes unuseable.
you could just buy a new one.
a peavey vypyr 30 or the cube 30x would be so much better
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
you could just buy a new one.
a peavey vypyr 30 or the cube 30x would be so much better

No...

I have a Egnater Rebel, Blackheart Little Giant Halfstack, and a B-52 100W Halfstack. I need one that is portable, practical and has modeling/effects built in. The microcube fits the bill nicely.
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
No...

I have a Egnater Rebel, Blackheart Little Giant Halfstack, and a B-52 100W Halfstack. I need one that is portable, practical and has modeling/effects built in. The microcube fits the bill nicely.

Ohhh........

but a 5" speaker ????
i dont think GC or SamAsh carries those in there stores or any other local store.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
wait, hold up. you can blow a speaker by turning the amp up to full? why does the volume go that high if the speaker will blow at that point?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
wait, hold up. you can blow a speaker by turning the amp up to full? why does the volume go that high if the speaker will blow at that point?

The MXR has a boost built in. I pushed the speaker too hard with the distortion and output boost...

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Ohhh........

but a 5" speaker ????
i dont think GC or SamAsh carries those in there stores or any other local store.

That's why I started this thread.
Last edited by AcousticLesPaul at Jan 17, 2009,
Boosting with an overdrive only boosts the front end, it shouldn't really noticeably affect the output
Quote by al112987
Boosting with an overdrive only boosts the front end, it shouldn't really noticeably affect the output

It has a output knob on it...
Last edited by AcousticLesPaul at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by al112987
no, i mean the output of your amp's power stage...

It increased the volume of my Microcube quite a bit. I had it on R-Fier with Vol and Gain dimed. The speakers coils couldn't take it...

The voice coil in the speaker is dead
I'm thinking the speaker in the MicroCube is purpose built for that amp - so a replacement may not be voiced correctly.
Apparently people have had great success with replacing speakers on the Cube series. The speaker isn't purpose built, its just a generic cheap guitar frequency tuned speaker. The tonestack does the tuning.

If the Micro cube has a 6" speaker, I think Jensen does some great 6" ones. Don't settle for a cheap speaker if you want tone

but if not then get a 6" round car speaker, it works well for the price!
It will be hard to get a new speaker.

Celestion, Eminance, Warehouse, you name it, i dought they sell one.
The 5' speaker market's not adsactly booming lately .

See if Roland will let you custom order one?
Quote by BeerChurch
Here's a 5" speaker...

http://www.aiconsol.com/mod530.html

*BeerChurch Shines his holy light of knowledge upon the civilians of UGtopia*
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Jan 17, 2009,
let us know how it sounds when you swap it out. Might be a good mod
Some guitar stores sell microcube original speakers. Its risky to use a speaker by some other producer, they will likely have a much different eq curve which will sound worse.
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
I was bored...

The stock speaker is crap anyways. It farts out on you at any bass... Makes the Blackface and Acoustic modeling modes unuseable.

Hahahahaha I got that too. It always farts on me. I tried explaining to people the problem online so many times but no one understood me. I thought it was a defect. I sounds wrong when I play palm muted sometimes. Is it broken or it's just like that.
^ Looks interesting. Any sound clips anywhere? How much is that new speaker?

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Last edited by Volta_91 at Feb 1, 2009,
Quote by stangconv
mine farts on Rfier too... I think its time for me to get a new one as well.

Is it broken if it farts?
Quote by Johntubb
Is it broken if it farts?

I dunno.. mine will fart at like 1/4 volume on R-fier. It is most definitly blown... Turn it up past half and its horrible.

I dunno what to do with it yet...I have thought about using the car speakers, but I knida think they will sound like crap... I thought about rehousing with an 8" but I like the portablility...

Ted Webers got osme 6" ones that may work