What exactly do you practice.
For me, after about 2 hours I just dont know what to practice anymore.

Any advice?
wel.. if i'm with playing electric guitar and i don't know what else to play.. i learn some theory or practice some classical guitar with an acoustic guitar
play some songs, improv, learn a few new licks.

or just do everything again, just at a faster tempo
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
warm up 5 mins
scales arpeggios 20 mins
revision of previous solo
new solo 20 mins
break
some theory learning 20 mins
more solo 20 mins
new exercise 20 mins
improv 20 mins
composing 1 hour

totally depends on the day. today i spent 3 hours on theory, one on classical guitar, one on drums and one on piano. pretty sad but w/e
Last edited by Zbigniev at Jan 17, 2009,
i cant
usually bc chores,have to go meet someone or chores
or i go on the computer
i need a brother or jam buddy!
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
I'm definitely not as structured as Zbig, but I usually just play whatever I feel like.

I think I spent the last half hour looking up and practicing the synth part to The Final Countdown on the guitar.
Quote by Zbigniev
warm up 5 mins
scales arpeggios 20 mins
revision of previous solo
new solo 20 mins
break
some theory learning 20 mins
more solo 20 mins
new exercise 20 mins
improv 20 mins
composing 1 hour

totally depends on the day. today i spent 3 hours on theory, one on classical guitar, one on drums and one on piano. pretty sad but w/e

show off
I play some random stuff I know for like 5 minutes...then I play 3 hours and 55 minutes of Fifa 09
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Fretwanking: 4 hours.
Fapping: 15 minutes.

Repeat until unable to repeat.
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
I warm up for 10 mins, play the rhythm for all the Colors album by Between the Buried and Me. Learn some classical stuff my tutor gave me. scales. exercises. then all the pointless stuff like sweeping (because i'm mainly a rhythm guitarist).

and then i just learn something i want to.
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
I used to practise obscene amount of hours until I feel I reached my limit in guitar playing.

I used to get home from school and just practise while watching TV, chords/scales/trying to make up my own songs, so I was on about 4 hours a day for about 2 years.

Nowadays it's just a 30 minute blast on the acoustic, then the rest of my boredom is wasted on our second hand upright piano.

£40 and £20 to tune BARGIN!
Quote by G.a.c.771
wel.. if i'm with playing electric guitar and i don't know what else to play.. i learn some theory or practice some classical guitar with an acoustic guitar

Bit irrelevant this, as I don't know any theory, but I always find myself coming back to playing my acoustic no matter what mood I'm in, it's easier to pickup and play without the hassle of switching all my gear on.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I don't have anything close to a schedule. I usually spend most of the time that I'm playing guitar writing songs. But that's more of writing lyrics so I guess that doenst count. I play some shoegaze/noise pop everyday after school but that's not practicing or a schedule.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
I play 4 to 5 hours a day and mostley just play around scales playing with songs stuff like that

I also write alot of songs
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by J-B
Fretwanking: 4 hours.
Fapping: 15 minutes.

Repeat until unable to repeat.

LOL
time is never something considered while I practice (except for playing in time obviously). Just play, you don't really want to spend half of your playing time staring at a fucking clock do you? If you're playing and you really don't know what to practice anymore (hard to believe), just stop playing.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by boreamor
Stuff you want to learn? Dicipline your fingers?

I remember I practiced the same sweep picking riff for 4 hours straight at one tempo.

Can you help me with sweep picking? What riff do you play?
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge