Hey, I play bass so I don't really venture into this section too often. I want to start playing guitar though, so I came in here. How much of a difference is there between a Mexican and American Strat? Is there a HUGE difference?
Honestly, don't buy an American Strat yet since you don't know what you're looking for or what you like yet
Use the searchbar.

This question has been asked so many times!

The real difference? $500 and quality.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by JELIFISH19
Honestly, don't buy an American Strat yet since you don't know what you're looking for or what you like yet

I know that, I'm looking at Mexican Strats right now.

If you played the two side by side, would you be able to tell a difference easily?
I'd recommend going to a guitar store and checking them out. That's really the best way to determine which is best for you and your pocketbook.

Typically, the quality on the American Strats will be a little bit better. They generally have better hardware quality, too. I'm not saying the MIM stuff is crap, because it isn't. You can buy some decent MIM Strats. My son has one and it's a decent player. I've got an American that's a dream to play.

How much is your budget?
I played a MIM Tele in a store today that I'd dare anyone to tell apart from it's US cousin (brother?)

But in all reality this is an unlikely situation. I played another Tele that was supposed to be identical in every way to the first and I wouldn't have scored it past a 3.

My advice would be that normally you can't go too wrong with the MIA strats( or Tele's) but if you're going to get a MIM then make sure you play through as many as you can before you make up your mind. (and try not to let the 'colour' cloud your judgement)
I have the cheap mexican one but it still has ok tone all thats wrong with it is that it has a 'made in mexico' label scard into it
Sigs Are For Pussies