Page 1 of 2
so we had a keg party last night. there were probably about 50-60 people in our little living room/dining room/kitchen area. there was music playing, and everyone was yelling over each other.

so, apparently, because i didnt see it happen, a (white) cop jumps out of the bushes next to our porch. there were a bunch of people out there, because the house was really hot. so a few people-idiots- were drinking outside. there was a white guy, who had a full cup of beer, and a black guy, who had a small amount of vodka in his cup.

so who do the cops go after? you guessed it, the black guy. hes getting arested, and reaches for his wallet, and then all of the sudden the cops say that he is resisting arrest. all of the sudden theres four more white cops there, all arresting this one guy. so they cuff him, and charge him with a minor in possession, as he is 19 years old. he didnt get taken to the station, but he got a ticket, and will probably have to do some community service.

now, thats pretty fair, because he did have some alcohol on him. this is the ****ed up part: the white guy who was drinking just disappears. he pretty much leaves, and the cops werent even paying attention to him. they only go for the black guy.

we got a noise violation ticket, too, but they didnt search the house and charge us all with serving alcohol to minors. so we did miss a bullet there.

so is this racism? do you have any similar stories? are the cops justified? how much did you have to pay for your noise violation? parties that got out of hand? ever got too drunk at a party?
I have no opinion on this matter.
not big enough, it was insanely crowded.
yeah, it was pretty wild
Quote by carcass255
long hair is cool mate

haircuts are for people in concentration camp
rule #1 of house parties.

NO ONE IS TO BE OUT FRONT OF THE HOUSE

as soon as cops see someone that is underage drinking it is probable cause to break up a whole party. if no one was out infront of the house, no cops would have been involved.

that being said, i know how much of a bitch it is to keep people doing what they are supposed to at your house parties. its your house. if they dont want to follow the rules, toss their asses out.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
wait. you're complaining that you didnt get charged for underage drinking? And that they only went after the black dude, who's name you didnt even know and just happened to take the fall?

why??
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
I don't know how you can live in a country which is that strict about alcohol...
Quote by Tatersalad1080
wait. you're complaining that you didnt get charged for underage drinking? And that they only went after the black dude, who's name you didnt even know and just happened to take the fall?

why??

no, im complaining that the cops only went after the black guy, whos name is omar, and let the white guy go. also that he was automatically resisting arrest for going for his wallet.

im perfectly fine with not getting charged myself, but i wasnt out there.

Quote by Pagan-Pie
I don't know how you can live in a country which is that strict about alcohol...

seriously. its retarded.
If you didn't get a fine for supplying alcohol to a minor, should you really care?
Your lucky to get away with a noise violation order.

If you bring anything up, it'll probably make things worse.

Edit:
I got a late post in there.

You have to think of it from the police's view too, what if he pulled something on them when he 'went for his wallet'?
If I were to fine someone or threaten arrest and seen them go for a pocket out of view, I'd be a bit edgy.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Last edited by Kingyem0c0re at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by skaterskagg1
were they cool like the ones in super bad? "oh no, it's the cops!"

MCLOVIN!!

NICE!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Letting them out the front of the house was a mistake, should have got them to only go out the back, damn, drinking age at 21 must suck ass, im glad its 18 here
I don't know why you're looking for sympathy toward a random black guy in a majority white forum,sir.

But yeah,I don't really like house parties.
I've never been to one where trouble didn't start.
Agreed to Pagan & Cyanide, We have 18 & over in the U.K.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Cops arrest someone who is doing something illegal...

****ing pigs man, they're trying to keep us down.
Quote by Sami Philadelph
I don't know why you're looking for sympathy toward a random black guy in a majority white forum,sir.

im white too. that doesnt mean im racist. a white person can feel bad for a person of another race, unless youre racist scum.
Quote by Sharck
Cops arrest someone who is doing something illegal...

****ing pigs man, they're trying to keep us down.

It was racist because they only arrested the one black minor drinking but they didn't arrest the house full of white minors.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
It was racist because they only arrested the one black minor drinking but they didn't arrest the house full of white minors.

he didnt get arrested. he got a ABC law ticket or whatever its called. its a $50 max fine. TS said the cops didnt come into the house, so the cops didnt see anyone else drinking, so who else would they give tickets to?

since i wasnt there, i cant say for sure, the context, but if you have cops around you the LAST thing you do is start reaching into your pockets. cops dont like that kind of shit. theyd rather tackle you than let you pull a gun/knife on them and rightly so.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Zugunruhe
i didnt see it happen

Well there you go, for all you know he could have pulled a gun on the cop.

Jeeez, just because he was black doesn't mean it's automatically racist. Once you know exactly what happened can you complain about it.
And why wasn't I invited?
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by Zugunruhe
im white too. that doesnt mean im racist. a white person can feel bad for a person of another race, unless youre racist scum.

Lol,well I'm happy to know you're white and not racist.
Hi,my names Sami,I'm black,and not racist.

The comment wasn't meant to insult the thread,but as you can see from the results,very few people are gonna go "Yeah,man that **** is racist" despite the obvious.
Considering the **** I've seen people get round here from the police that minor drinking thing is nothing.
I'm not a black guy but I am a Rastafarian and I get stopped for random searches a few times every month and the same is apparently true of evey other Rasta in Cambridge.
A black Ras I know got stopped randomly on his way home from work as an electrician and the police found a single spliff and a toolkit, which is somewhat an essential in his line of work. They somehow managed to charge him with possession of cannabis with intent to supply and going equipped to burgle on account of the toolkit...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke

He never mentioned that he was the ONLY black guy, did he?
^he wasnt the only black guy. my house mate is black. it probably was about half white, a quarter black, and a quarter everyone else.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Well there you go, for all you know he could have pulled a gun on the cop.

Jeeez, just because he was black doesn't mean it's automatically racist. Once you know exactly what happened can you complain about it.

except he didnt.

and i saw everything after the initial confrontation. i saw the guy getting arrested and the other guy get let go.
Last edited by Zugunruhe at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Agreed to Pagan & Cyanide, We have 18 & over in the U.K.

Should be 25...
I'm not sure if it's racism.. it might be, but you sure the cop just so happened to go after the black kid, and the white kid ran away? I mean, should he HAVE to arrest the white kid first just because he's white as well?

It really just sounds like there were too many kids and too little cops..
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
I'm not sure if it's racism.. it might be, but you sure the cop just so happened to go after the black kid, and the white kid ran away? I mean, should he HAVE to arrest the white kid first just because he's white as well?

It really just sounds like there were too many kids and too little cops..

yea maybe, but he shouldnt have let either of them go. and there were no more than five or ten people out front, he wasnt completely outnumbered.
He actually let him go? Like, told him it was ok to leave?

Well, that sounds a little fishy
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by touji-za-nai
He actually let him go? Like, told him it was ok to leave?

Well, that sounds a little fishy
the white guy just split. i guess the cop wasnt paying any attention to him.
yeah, then I wouldn't say it's racism... the cop was just lazy and not paying attention lol
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
This just shows that all people, black, white, red, yellow, green-ish can be stupid. Shouldn't have been drinking on the front porch.
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
Don't worry. Obama will change this. He wants everyone to be equal in the New America so things like racial profiling, Martin Luther King Jr Day and Affirmative Action will be terminated. Also, the terminology "African American" will be abolished cuz "it juss ain't accurate enuf yo, fo reelz".
Fight The Power
If you try to correct me
I will become alot more wise and insightful than you can possibly imagine.
Last time I got messed up at a party, my iPod got stolen.

Needless to say, it was really good weed.
Quote by count schizo
I think we should take a second out to flame him anyways. I mean we're already here.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Only a misguided youth seeking something to take up the space below their post would sig me

^ Yep, that sounds about right.
Doesn't your friend remember what happened to the last black guy who "reached for his wallet"?

I'm going to Hell
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
rule #1 of house parties.

NO ONE IS TO BE OUT FRONT OF THE HOUSE

as soon as cops see someone that is underage drinking it is probable cause to break up a whole party. if no one was out infront of the house, no cops would have been involved.

that being said, i know how much of a bitch it is to keep people doing what they are supposed to at your house parties. its your house. if they dont want to follow the rules, toss their asses out.

Exactly. Idiots. You never stay out the front of a party, and if you have a party, after whatever the noise curfew is, YOU KEEP IT DOWN!
Quote by landerson
He never mentioned that he was the ONLY black guy, did he?

No I guess not. I must have remember the story wrong. >_>
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Sounds like a bad movie.

Also, how ****ing big is your living room?

your asking all the wrong questions, the right question is "how small are you!!!!!!!!!!"
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
tl;dr
Quote by blue_strat
This is Germany we're talking about.

Germany

Quote by stoner179
Thanks alot. When i read the first sentence, i dont know why, but i laughed in the middle of my first class at tech school. You sir have made me look like a fool for the first and last time
Page 1 of 2