Not long ago my Low E string was buzzing on my ibanez rgt42dx and decided to loosen that one screw on the bridge to make it higher. When the low e string wasnt buzzing anymore, the GBE strings were buzzing so i repeated the process.

But then all the strings didnt fit my standards (The strings were too heightened) So i just decided to lower all the strings back to their normal position. When i was lowing the screw that held the Low e and ad strings i heard a bang coming from the bridge?

Then all my strings went out of tune; and everytime i turned the screws it made a really rough squeeky sound and was difficult to turn.

I can't even turn the screws, ive tried allen keys and this custom metal allen key thing for a screw driver.

Now that i cant even turn the screws with any tool i have right now, and the action being all screwed up i have no idea what to do?

My bridge is an Edge III

mighta ****ed your **** up dude.
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
2008 Ibanez AEG20E A/E Cutaway
2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Amps:
Epiphone Valve Jr. Halfstack BitMo Trio Modded
60W All Tube Egnater Renegade Head and Cab.
sounds pretty ****ed to me.

take the bridge out, have a good look, see whats going down.
*Enter Sig Here*
I think OP knows he messed something up. He's asking for help on where to start to fix it..
Is there a cover on the backside of the guitar you can remove to inspect the bridge? If so, I'd take it off and have a look. I'm not familiar with that guitar, but it may be an easy fix. If so, I'd release all the tension on the strings, fix it, and then return normal tension. The buzzing could be caused by low humidity in your house. It effects not only acoustics, but also electrics to a lesser degree.
Go have it set up.

_____GEAR__________
Esp/Ltd: EX:50
Jackson KVX10 (Dimebucker in bridge/Hb103 in neck)
Jasmine by Takamine
Marshal MG15CD

Memeber of the Jackson/Charvel Owners

UG ]V[EGADET]-[ Fans Group

This group is for people who likes and or loves or even hates those groups with the rediculously long names that take up a lot of space on your groups list so it makes it look like you have more groups than you do have. This group is for those kind of people.
take the back plate off and inspect that. if you cant see anything wrong, id take all the strings off, take the trem out and see whats up. if you cant figure it out, take it to a professional and have him take a look.

EDIT: B and D saddles look muffed up. whats goin on there?

EDIT: all your saddles look ****ed up. wth is goin on with your intonation?
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Last edited by thespian948 at Jan 17, 2009,
which "screws" are you talking about? The two bridge posts? It's never a good idea to turn these while the knife edges are in full contact.

ps. judging by the position of your saddles, you have no intonation whatsoever.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Edge IIIs are generally made of weak metal. Get an OFR or a Gotoh Floyd.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.