If you have chops in everything from blues,to rock to metal to folk,and can solo in those styles?
Groupie obviously.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Rap grammar correction officer
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Quote by Freddedonna
Just get a real job

This.

Either in a covers band or a session guitarist too be honest if you wanted music as a profession.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Get a real job like Fred said. But you can always try and make a career out of music. Sam Beam of Iron & Wine for example never planned on being a professional musician. He had a normal day job, and he just made some recordings at his house. Then some friends sent them to Sub Pop Records, and he got signed. Another example is Brian May. He's an astro-physicist.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Session player maybe. But being able to play it isn't enough. You need to know people, and need to prove you know everything about theory.

Can you walk into somewhere with complete strangers, be handed a piece of sheet music and play it perfectly straight off? If not, don't even consider it.