Well my birthday is less than a month and i kinda want either of these two things. A wah pedal because my digitech rp250 one is boring, And something to improve my recording tone because of my line 6 pod being "bassy" and my rp250 giving a weak tone. I really love the tone of my line 6 spider 3 on insane because i can get a great tone like randy rhodes or something similar to that. Isn't there a type of microphone that can record on the amp? Please give me an idea for a wah that you can adjust to different levels and some method or device that will improve my recording tone from weak to strong and heavy. also needs to be decently priced.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by bfredder92
Well my birthday is less than a month and i kinda want either of these two things. A wah pedal because my digitech rp250 one is boring, And something to improve my recording tone because of my line 6 pod being "bassy" and my rp250 giving a weak tone. I really love the tone of my line 6 spider 3 on insane because i can get a great tone like randy rhodes or something similar to that. Isn't there a type of microphone that can record on the amp? Please give me an idea for a wah that you can adjust to different levels and some method or device that will improve my recording tone from weak to strong and heavy. also needs to be decently priced.

*hands massive flameshield*

You will be told to get a new amp by thousands, and you want a new recording device so i recommend you get a Peavey Vypyr.

EDIT: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482909
Last edited by [[BurnTheDusk]] at Jan 17, 2009,
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']

*hands massive flameshield*

You will be told to get a new amp by thousands, and you want a new recording device so i recommend you get a Peavey Vypyr.

EDIT: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482909

yea peavy is good i was always thinkin on getting a new amp and it sounds great so im thinkin on that thanks.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by bfredder92
yea peavy is good i was always thinkin on getting a new amp and it sounds great so im thinkin on that thanks.

Btw i recomended it because it is good and has a USB out feture .
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Btw i recomended it because it is good and has a USB out feture .
ohhhh **** yea thats exactly what im lookin for!!! i really need something other than my gay ass digitech and maybe I can get a wah also. THX very much!!!
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by bfredder92
ohhhh **** yea thats exactly what im lookin for!!! i really need something other than my gay ass digitech and maybe I can get a wah also. THX very much!!!

Sorry this model has a stereo 1/8th out.

EVEN EASYER.

Just make sure to pick up a stereo 1/8 male/male cable with the amplifier.
Then plug it into the Mic input on your computer and the Aux out from the amp.
Done.

Better tone, more channels, more effects, stompbox features, recording, and they are all massively controllable.
Happy Birthday.
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Sorry this model has a stereo 1/8th out.

EVEN EASYER.

Just make sure to pick up a stereo 1/8 male/male cable with the amplifier.
Then plug it into the Mic input on your computer and the Aux out from the amp.
Done.

Better tone, more channels, more effects, stompbox features, recording, and they are all massively controllable.
Happy Birthday.
Ha thxs i listened to some sound demos and it sounds great. So its not usb then its just a different cable?
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by bfredder92
Ha thxs i listened to some sound demos and it sounds great. So its not usb then its just a different cable?

A cable that can be found anywhere that deals with audio as a matter of fact.
For wah, go for a crybaby. The original crybaby is a classic wah, you can't change the effects of it...I don't get what you could possibly change from the sound of the wah -- if you don't like that setting, all the others are just going to sound similar with a slighty different sweep. But like the Wylde Wah and Dimebag Wah (both crybabys) have settings that can be changed...
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
Quote by Brian 1.0
For wah, go for a crybaby. The original crybaby is a classic wah, you can't change the effects of it...I don't get what you could possibly change from the sound of the wah -- if you don't like that setting, all the others are just going to sound similar with a slighty different sweep. But like the Wylde Wah and Dimebag Wah (both crybabys) have settings that can be changed...

CryBabys suck. I hate mine. And there are tons of things to that can be changed. But don't get a CryBaby, they use the cheapest parts available and sound like dying babies. I refuse to even use mine now.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
CryBabys suck. I hate mine. And there are tons of things to that can be changed. But don't get a CryBaby, they use the cheapest parts available and sound like dying babies. I refuse to even use mine now.

Lmao.

Do you not know how to use a Wah?
Mess around with the EQ on the RP250 befpre you go wasting your money on someting you don't know you want - you might already have it.
Quote by mmolteratx
dying babies

I'll have you know my Classic Crybaby sounds rather nice.

AND it's true bypass! Oh god, Dunlop made a wah with true bypass? MADNESS!

Seriously though OP, if you wanted to improve your tone, get a better amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
Lmao.

Do you not know how to use a Wah?

Yea, I just can't stand the CryBaby, it's far too trebly. The Slash wah is pretty decent though. I can't stand any of the other ones they make, especially the Wylde and Dime ones. On second thought, the Classic is okay and the 535Q isn't too bad either, but other than that I can't stand the amount of treble.
EDIT: This is just my opinion, my ears have become accustomed to a warmer tone and I don't like extremely bright tone so I prefer a warmer wah with less treble.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Last edited by mmolteratx at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by mmolteratx
Yea, I just can't stand the CryBaby, it's far too trebly. The Slash wah is pretty decent though. I can't stand any of the other ones they make, especially the Wylde and Dime ones. On second thought, the Classic is okay and the 535Q isn't too bad either, but other than that I can't stand the amount of treble.
EDIT: This is just my opinion, my ears have become accustomed to a warmer tone and I don't like extremely bright tone so I prefer a warmer wah with less treble.

I put my Wah before my distortion.

My tone is warm and my wah is kinda trebly.

Evens out nicely.
your rp250 should have a usb port that you can use for recording
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I put my Wah before my distortion.

My tone is warm and my wah is kinda trebly.

Evens out nicely.

I do too, it's just so overly bright for anything but clean that it's unusable for me. My friends all have owned one at one point or another and we all came to the same conclusion, it's just too bright for us so we prefer to use other stuff when we can.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by lbj273
your rp250 should have a usb port that you can use for recording

if u haven't read the others i absolutely hate the tone seriously any guitar that goes into it sounds exactly the same.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
how extensively have you worked on the patches? I know that it sounds a bit digital, but every guitar should not sound the same. Also you can record with your pocket pod, no need to purchase any new gear.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
how extensively have you worked on the patches? I know that it sounds a bit digital, but every guitar should not sound the same. Also you can record with your pocket pod, no need to purchase any new gear.

GRRRR both my pocket pod and my rp250 have been updated. RP250 is weak in tone and every humbucker guitar i have sounds the same but my single coil sounds different. The line 6 pod wasn't ever meant for me recording plus its way too bassy. and yes i put the treple up and it still is. plus i want a new amp and the one i want has recording in it and it sounds very nice.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by mmolteratx

I know you can change settings on the dime and wylde ones, I didn't say I had experience with them. Calm the hell down...

I put mine after my OD/Dist and it doesn't sound trebly at all. I have a classic.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.