So i was recently asked by a friend to audition for their band. They're auditioning 4 bassists and me on guitar and maybe 2 other guitarists for either a guitar or bass spot, because their current bassist can do either. Their style is best described as post-hardcore i guess. they play stuff like underoath's newer material.

so for the audition i just need to play a few show-offy sounding riffs and i'll hopefully be good. i don't have to learn any complete songs for the audition i don't think. so far i have a few riffs by the fall of troy ready to play but i can't really think of what to do besides that, so any suggestions? I'm not exactly an excellent guitar player, i don't listen to metal or stuff like that, so don't suggest anything that's really difficult. thanks
sincerely,
daniel
Write your own riffs. That'll really impress em. No joke. If I audition a guitarist I make sure they have their own style. Even if its different from what we play, any legit band would jump at the opportunity for a guitarist with their own identity.
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

well, if you want show off ****, Micheal Angelo Batio and Steve Vai are the Way to go. the easiest steve vai riff is "Erotic Nightmares", but it still sounds badass.

the main riff from "Surfing with the Alien" (joe satriani) is also a cool one to do.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by r3conmarine90
Write your own riffs. That'll really impress em. No joke. If I audition a guitarist I make sure they have their own style. Even if its different from what we play, any legit band would jump at the opportunity for a guitarist with their own identity.

This is actually a very good idea.
AC/DC has awesome riffs and that are about the easiest thing on the planet to play...
then again you say they play "post-hardcore"? I wouldn't know about that... I hate that new age rock crap.

Just go in there, start playing Raining Blood and MELT THEIR F***ING FACES OFF!!
Quote by Jhachey22
well, if you want show off ****, Micheal Angelo Batio and Steve Vai are the Way to go. the easiest steve vai riff is "Erotic Nightmares", but it still sounds badass.

the main riff from "Surfing with the Alien" (joe satriani) is also a cool one to do.

Even if he plays that..
He still might not get accepted due to the fact that it doesn't match the genre the band is interested in
Quote by Cianyx
Even if he plays that..
He still might not get accepted due to the fact that it doesn't match the genre the band is interested in

true. true. i was just thinking of songs to show off his potential abilities. i don't care what genre you play, but if you came in and played MAB "No Boundaries", i would be damn impressed.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
true. true. i was just thinking of songs to show off his potential abilities. i don't care what genre you play, but if you came in and played MAB "No Boundaries", i would be damn impressed.

Yeah but not if you were auditioning for a band with emotion and style.
Definitely play Three little bears by Jimi Hendrix, sing it as well.

You don't have to sing it well, just make sure you do, for the lulz.
Even if you don't do this, listen to the song, it's amazing.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by joshua122593
Smoke On the Water.

This /thread.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above