Well i was just sitting around thinking what really is the best guitar??
i own a
¬jackson randy rhoads(LOVE IT)
¬gibson explorer
¬fender strat
Nice names right.??
I say gibson isnt as good as every one says. I think its the name on the head that makes that brand so expensive. Fender isnt always that cheap but alot of pros still have fenders like Jim Root(Slipknot) Jacksons i dont see to often like i only see Matt Tuck(bullet for my Valentine) and Buckethead someitmes with a dinkey. So besides Jimmy Paige(Led Zeppelin) who really needs a gibson. Totaly over priced and no one really needs to pay that much when Jackson or Fender or Dean makes guitar that work just fine. I say that the Razorback sounds twice as good as the Les Paul. Now do you really need that Gibson Studio or can you just get that nice PRS over there and then you wont have to sell your house??
Without you I fall to Peices
Fallen Symphony
Your Tears Fall
"No one helped me get to where I am today, I did this all my own. I lived, loved, and died for you. And you still left me out."
I will say i love me an explorer, but les pauls don't do it for me. With Gibson you really are just paying for the name, you can get plenty of other equally good guitars for 20-40% less. Jacksons are great, fenders (higher end ones) are also great. I have a 30 year old Walnut Fender (im only 17 tho) which plays incredibly well and the tone is amazing, although i still hate having a middle pickup on a guitar. I don't know why but it throws me off somehow. PRS are also amazing. Deans are out of this world (the ones >$500 anway). Although i favor Ibanez's (post-pickup-swap).

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
well bet that that Fender has to sound amazing... if not i get rid of it.
Fallen Symphony
Your Tears Fall
"No one helped me get to where I am today, I did this all my own. I lived, loved, and died for you. And you still left me out."
razorback twice as good as a les Paul???!!!!! That makes me hurt all over
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
lots of people use jacksons
Phil demmel
Mark morton
RANDY RHOADS
adrian smith
previous users include
Dave mustaine & marty friedman
I like jacksons best out of those 3 you mentioned
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Last edited by ShredGod George at Jan 17, 2009,
^ Randy Rhoads never actually played a Jackson RR on stage, he died before they were finished. He did own one, but never used it live

I think this topic is entirely subjective to the individual player. While I may not like the feel of a Gibson, the next guy may absolutely love that instrument. It is entirely up to the individual player to determine what brand and style of guitar they use.

This just seems like a thread that is designed to get a battle going between lovers of different brands.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Last edited by bv310 at Jan 17, 2009,
There's no such thing as a best guitar. There are so many private luthiers in the world that do such great work and so many different tone preferences...no collective could ever come to any conclusion on that.
I would think since Gibson is most common used it would be considerd the best thanks for the info that there is no best guitar TimboSlice. But the price tag can really change some ones mind.
Fallen Symphony
Your Tears Fall
Quote by warrior_zero
I would think since Gibson is most common used it would be considerd the best thanks for the info that there is no best guitar TimboSlice. But the price tag can really change some ones mind.

let's not confuse popularity with quality
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Any guitar center i go to there is always some one asking for me to look into gibsons. i got explorer i like it but i dont say 1200 was worth it. Thats why im saying you really dont need em. Their just a name.
Fallen Symphony
Your Tears Fall