I've been with virgin mobile on a pay-per-call basis (since I wasn't using it much).

Now I use it a ton and text a fair amount and I want something better. What's a good cheap plan that allows for a decent amount of hours (not TONS) and texting? I've heard verizon is good but expensive.
im with virgin mobile, and i have the $20 dollar/200 anytime mins plan and i pay 5 dollars for 100 texts a month, so my bill is 25 monthly, its awesome, stick with virgin, just change your plan.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
I use Sprint, and have the "iPhone killer" (yeah, right) Instinct. Can't wait for the Palm Pre though.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
I'd say Verizon. I haven't had any problems.
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
Last edited by Guitarfanatic93 at Jan 17, 2009,
Verizon, I think they have the best coverage.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Virgin in Australia gets free calls and txt to other Virgin phones

I'm with Virgin
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
orange

£15 a month (you can pay more for more free minutes)

unlimited texting and i think its 200mins free a month

perfect for me

AND you get orange wednesdays..FREE cinema on a wed

BUT
i was with T mobile before and they had some VERY good offers too
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
not sprint, we're on that now and they have a pretty bad selection of phones unless you want to pay rediculous prices, and their service is pretty bad, i've heard good things about verizon.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
is the guy/girl who started this from the USA?
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
I love AT&T, cheap for unlimited texts, low rates, great coverage. I would advise against Verizon, I have heard nothing but horror stories if you have to deal with customer service.
i've been with verizon for over 2 years now. everythings great. i get 2500 mins a month, which i dont really even use, and i get unlimited texts for 10 bucks a month. plus, the signal is the sh*t. unless ur in the middle of nowhere. but i think that goes for pretty much any service unless u got satellite phone or sum sh*t. u can call grandma from hell if u like.
but yeh, verizon.
Last edited by FenderPhone at Jan 17, 2009,
ive never had a cell phone but my cell phone savvy friends loooove verizon.
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
Quote by FenderPhone
i've been with verizon for over 2 years now. everythings great. i get 2500 mins a month, which i dont really even use, and i get unlimited texts for 10 bucks a month. plus, the signal is the sh*t. unless ur in the middle of nowhere. but i think that goes for pretty much any service unless u got satellite phone or sum sh*t. u can call grandma from hell if u like.
but yeh, verizon.

2500 ****ing minutes?!? and unlimited text!?! WTF! That is ****ing insane, 10 dollars seems to be a lie, cause its too ridiculous to believe, then again i live in canada and everything is ****ing expensive.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by CaptainRon
If you're in Canada avoid Telus.

For Canadians it's Rogers all the way. Even though I'm on Telus (can't cancel).

I'm on Telus and I quite like it. I've only been with them for a month, though. There doesn't really seem to be a middle ground between their customers, it's always really good or really bad =\
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
BrainTumortel.

At least they don't pretend you aren't going to have several tumors and a fatal disease in a few decades from using their products.
Quote by this&that
2500 ****ing minutes?!? and unlimited text!?! WTF! That is ****ing insane, 10 dollars seems to be a lie, cause its too ridiculous to believe, then again i live in canada and everything is ****ing expensive.

no it's not a lie. i'm on a family plan with my step-mom. we share mins and we both have unlimited text. plus, we're on a two year plan. we just went over the two year limit a few months ago, so i switched my phone to the blackberry storm and kept everything else the same. even my number. verizon is the total sh*t.

/edit: ive never had at&t, sprint, or anything else. so i'm just goin by what i've had and used to. but everything else i've heard from people with other services, it's still not as good at verizon.
Last edited by FenderPhone at Jan 17, 2009,
Either AT&T or Verizon, I personally have AT&T and I have 3 different phone bodies and I change between them whenever I want for free, and all I do is switch the sim card. Plus if I want a new phone I just buy the phone without the sim card on ebay cheaper than getting a new phone with a new plan.