I've read a little bit about this but I don't quite get it. I primarily use Floyd Rose trems and it's not something I've ever done but it seems rather popular among UGers. So I'm not trolling here, I seriously wanna know 2 things: What exactly is it, and why do you do it?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
i put an eraser in mine. i just put an eraser in between the floyd and the wall of the cavity so the floyd cannot dive.

i just have it blocked right now because i need another spring to counter act the tension of the springs.

i think its really anything that will stop the floyd from diving. basically makes it a hard tail

also i hear alot of people use blocks so they can change tunings easier, and because they just dont have any patience with floyds so they turn it into a fixed bridge pretty much.
then why get a floyd in the first place?
Alot of people purchase floyds with out realising how much hassle they are.

They dont look all that bad when you see them at first becuase you dont have a clue that the strings are counter balanced at the back.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by Daniel8488
Alot of people purchase floyds with out realising how much hassle they are.

They dont look all that bad when you see them at first becuase you dont have a clue that the strings are counter balanced at the back.

Ah! Yes! When I got my first Floyd, I didn't realize how much of a bitch they can be. Quickly though, i learned, and I love that bitch!
Quote by ValoRhoads
Ah! Yes! When I got my first Floyd, I didn't realize how much of a bitch they can be. Quickly though, i learned, and I love that bitch!

sameeee =)
~Carl
the biggest problem people have is realizing you have to change strings one at a time, i dont find them a problem at all to set up, but then again i have patience when it comes to working on things like guitars
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.