Page 1 of 4
As the title suggests, what model/brand of bass did you first pick up or have given to you? Mine was some piece of crap Fernandez "Tremor" bass, the tone was flatter than Megan Fox, but i still keep it hung up in my room, so i can donate it to the Hard Rock Cafe some day
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
Well I played guitar for almost a year, then got the Epiphone SG bass, got bored of it and quit bass.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by InvaderTSN
Cheap P-bass copy that I won at Knott's Berry Farm.

I won one of those a while back, and played on the last song of one of my shows. Then i smashed it on the edge of the stage, almost having one of my eyes gauged out by the flying strings in the process. Those things are great for practicing stage stunts too, lol.
Quote by thefitz
That's because you're a 13 year old who only focuses on guitars. I bet most people can't tell the difference between your voice and your mother's.
Quote by CBurtonIsKing
I won one of those a while back, and played on the last song of one of my shows. Then i smashed it on the edge of the stage, almost having one of my eyes gauged out by the flying strings in the process. Those things are great for practicing stage stunts too, lol.

I sold mine awhile back to my friend who wanted to play. I wanna go back and win another one. 3$ a shot to win a bass is pretty sweet. I actually liked how it played. It was nice.
Fender Jazz

Dont know the year, but i do know it was free and still is my primary 4 string.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
j rynolds. pawn shop bass
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Austin Au829 P-Bass copy.

I can't say I'm infatuated with the tone, but the neck is quite thin which makes for some relatively easy fretting. I've put an order in for a new bass due to the desire to upgrade and the fact that it's a tad unreliable(The bridge popped off about 2 months after I got it, and it's currently in the shop being rewired, due to to a cut wire and a broken tone knob(It fell apart on its own to a certain extent, I'm really quite gentle with it)). I haven't touched a bass for about a week, and I'm really bored
Hi.
Last edited by David12390 at Jan 18, 2009,
I have no idea what brand it was, but it was a J-bass copy of some kind, in tobacco burst. My friend bought it for our band at high school, and it was my instrument until I got kicked out. I think another old friend from high school ended up with it, I keep meaning to track it down and buy it back for sentimental reasons, since i played my first ever gig on it.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
as much as i hate to admit it, especially here..........thunderbird......):

please dont hate me UG!
Try adding more delay.
Squire P-Bass
I didn't like it
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Squier MB-5. I still have it, and I've put new pickups in. It sounds really, really great but the neck is just about dead.
Nope, no sig here.
ibanez gsr200. A great starter bass, and even now I still like the sounds I can get out of it. Granted, its unusable right now (defretted, but not finished), but I still love it to pieces.
i dont play bass but my bro does :p anyway his was a vintage modified j-bass of squier :p
gear :epiphone g400 custom
squier bullet strat
orange crush 15r
boss ds-2
fame ml-30
red hill CDG-3 SEQ

beaners gonna kick you in the face
Cheap "legend" p-bass copy, I had it for ~5 years now and it's my only bass. cost me £60 with an amp 2nd hand, and I've little desire to buy a new bass. I treat it like **** (i've dropped it about 7 times now) but it's got a good tone; a good, solid bridge; stays in tune really well; It's heavy but I like it like that. The only reason I'd buy a new bass would be to get 24 frets and something easier to slap, but just about ever bass I play in shops and stuff - they feel weak compared to my own bass. they feel like they're lacking in balls.
Mine was a Yamaha rbx270, which I got for the price of a rbx170 because the shop assistant was confused An awesome bass, I still play it now.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Squire affinity series jazz bass that is currently residing under my bed.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i started on a mim p bass which i sold to buy something else
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by thegiaco2112
dude thats a great bass

It is. I've had a lot of problems with the wiring in the pickups and knobs though.
A Ibanez Gsr 205. Its still my primary 5 string bass.
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
A Lyon by Washburn Bass. It had P-style pickups and sounded ok, believe it or not.
A squier precision special standard. I really liked as it goes but sould it to get my fender jazz.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
i started on a ibanez grs200xl only used it for my standard grade and now for recording so it doesnt really matter
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
My first one was borrowed to me. It was a Rogue Violin Bass. I'm pretty sure it was a small scale, and it wasn't bad to play it all. It was somewhat lacking in the low end, but I liked it anyway.
I started out on an Ibanez GSR180.

It's a pretty good bass. It is my only/main fretless now.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Squier Affinity P-bass
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Encore Pk-40 starter pack was the first bass related thing i bought.
The neck of the bass is actually quite nice but everything else about it is not so good.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
RBX170 which is actually a pretty good bass.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Aidy Damage
Yamaha RBX 270.

Not understanding the simley face there Aidy.
T'was also my first bass, and it was extremely comfortable, a joy to play, but after 3 months of having it, it buzzed like mental. Tried to get it fixed twice, but it never stopped.

Of course, eventually I'll mod the crap out of it. That P/J combo will give good variety.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Page 1 of 4