I had some spare time today so I finished up a cover of ACDC's "Gone Shootin". Give a listen and let me know how the mix sounds. Musicianship wise I know its bad. But sound wise, let me have it. I did two mixes. One I got a little more agressive with a master bus compressor. The other I didnt use much at all. Im playing all instruments and singing as usual, thats why its sloppy Anyway let me know if you like A or B better. Plus see if you can tell which has more compression (should be easy enough). Im on the fence about which sounds better.

A http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7249290&q=hi

B http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7249349&q=hi
i thought b sounded a bit more compressed.
How did you do the compression though? I really didn't notice a whole lot of difference between the 2 tracks.
Over a whole track or as individual instruments?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I liked A the best. Good playing, but you might wanna practice singing a little more. You sound like the singer in The Sword.

(I love them though)

c4c?
meh
Last edited by get ta led out! at Jan 20, 2009,
Quote by kool98769
i thought b sounded a bit more compressed.
How did you do the compression though? I really didn't notice a whole lot of difference between the 2 tracks.
Over a whole track or as individual instruments?

Sorry for not responding. Ive been rather busy. I used parallel compression. Basically its a clean mix and a compressed mix put together. The compressed mix I used was an upwards compressor setting. I got rid of all the other mixes and settled on the parallel compressed. Its now link A
Quote by get ta led out!
I liked A the best. Good playing, but you might wanna practice singing a little more. You sound like the singer in The Sword.

(I love them though)

c4c?

I not a very good singer I do it for the fun.