From AFP

Frenchman speaks nonstop for 124 hours to set speech record 4 hours ago PERPIGNAN, France (AFP) — Frenchman Lluis Colet broke the world record for the longest speech after rambling nonstop for 124 hours about Spanish painter Salvador Dali, Catalan culture and other topics. The 62-year-old Catalan and local government worker spoke for five straight days and four nights to set the record in the southern French town of Perpignan. Three notaries were on hand to recognise the feat which allows Colet to enter it in the Guinness Book of Records. The previous record was held by an Indian man who delivered a 120-hour speech. Colet began speaking at Perpignan's railway station on Monday by reciting the works of famous authors or using some of his own writing. He also spoke profusely about Dali, a painter he admires, and Catalan culture. Large crowds turned out in support of Colet, who received a rapturous applause at the end of his speech. "This is a big day for me and I dedicate this record to all those who defend Catalan language and culture," he said, his voice fainter after five days of nonstop talking. Colet had set the record once before in 2004 when he spoke for 48 straight hours.

Lol I wonder if anyone's going to put the speech to paper.
Damn Frenchies.

Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
I'm surprised it wasn't an Asian. Probably because they are too efficient to waste time talking for that long.
Do you think he repeats any of the stuff he said?
Even after an hour of talking I tend to run out of stuff to say
I've heard longer speeches. They usually start with "Oh! And let me show you pictures of the kids..."
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
I'm surprised it wasn't an Asian. Probably because they are too efficient to waste time talking for that long.

You fail in epic proportions.
Quote by Twisted Magnum

Ahhh but I thought generic stereotypes spoken in pure sarcasm were win? Meh- I'm abit to full of win anyways, always good to have a healthy dose of fail.
Quote by Twisted Magnum

+1
member of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero join. Australians only

Feel the Rhythm...
Quote by jimi_vai
+1

If I have offended you as an Asian boy. I apologize. It was a generic stereotype for the lols.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
If I have offended you as an Asian boy. I apologize. It was a generic stereotype for the lols.

I lol'd. Well, not actually 'lol'd', but found it amusing. It is a generic stereotype, but not one I've ever found all that offensive. I'm not Asian though.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
must have been a hell of a speech
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by MeltingWaxFace

:p Nah mate, its cool i'm not asain nor am i offened by it, i just thought it was fail. no hard feelings?

Feel the Rhythm...
Quote by Twisted Magnum

His statement seems more like a compliment to Asian people. I would love it someone told me that I used my time efficiently.
Quote by Masamune
His statement seems more like a compliment to Asian people. I would love it someone told me that I used my time efficiently.

Thank you. I was simply regurgitating a meaningless generic stereotype and I was surprised at the Politically correct witchhunt that began..well not surprised..in this day and age how could I be..but yeah, you get what I mean.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace

Asian's stereotype is that? Ooou
Quote by Comrade Curry
Nor is it the place to be as sarcastic as an ass.

Umm...you realise this is the Pit right?

Quote by jimi_vai
:p Nah mate, its cool i'm not asain nor am i offened by it, i just thought it was fail. no hard feelings?

yep none at all
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Umm...you realise this is the Pit right?

yep none at all

awesome

Feel the Rhythm...
howd he stay awake
that nutter
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Awake? How did he eat/poop/pee/drink while talking? I mean to talk without stopping means he had to **** and be speaking as every single poo comes out. AND he had to talk with his mouth full.
Quote by Riot Act
Awake? How did he eat/poop/pee/drink while talking? I mean to talk without stopping means he had to **** and be speaking as every single poo comes out. AND he had to talk with his mouth full.

well, he could probably take sips of something here and there....probably coffee to help with the awake thing....

...as far as poop/pee, I'm not too sure on that one.....maybe he WAS Asian and is just highly efficient that way