I'm trying to learn some Tenacious D but alot of their songs have pullofs and stuff during chords, so does anyone have any advice on how I can do this without messing up the chord
I find these quite hard too, and have been playing for a year! You've just got to get all your fingers quite strong, as it's easy to pull off the first and third fingers.. but not your fourth.
just start doing basic ones, then with time youll get faster and can do it with bigger chords
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG2EX1

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Digitech Grunge Distortion pedal

Line 6 spider 3 75w
Quote by The Gore Child
I find these quite hard too, and have been playing for a year! You've just got to get all your fingers quite strong, as it's easy to pull off the first and third fingers.. but not your fourth.

It has nothing to do with strong fingers, it's all about relaxing them.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by BrokenBricks

Or right? I'm learning a song at the moment where you hammer on and pull off between the first and fourth frets (and open) and I thought I'd need to build stregnth in my little finger.
Make up a riff in a scale using a lot of ring-pinky work. That will help. Also try bending with your pinky to strengthen it.
To test the strength of your pinky, do a trill between ring and pinky.

There's also a lesson on U-G.com here, Powering Up Your Pinky
Quote by BrokenBricks

you have to strengthen your fingers before you can relax them and still get the result you want.
Under the Bridge is quite a good song for this IMO, so maybe try learning that.

Apparently they're easier to do if you play with barre chords where you use your thumb to barre the route, although I personally play them with the standard barre chord shape.
Best chord to practice this is from d to dsus4.

-2h3p2-
-3---
-2---
-0---
-----
-----

Try that with your pinky.
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112