This kid thinks that Playing Metallica makes him the greatest guitarist

Page 1 of 2
Ok Title says it all. My friend can play just about any metallica song all the way through and he thinks hes the greatest guitarist because of it. And he says "dude i can shred like crazy" and all he plays is like kirk's solos. wut u think?
RIP Kurt Cobain 1967-1994

Guitar Gear:
Squier Jagmaster (killswitch, dimarzio super dist. &tone zone pups)
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Comrade Curry is the wise one.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
I think this is the most retarded topic you could come up with for a thread.
kirk hammet is a very good Guitarist, and being able to play his stuff, the same way he can does mean you have some talent. But I don't think he can call himself "crazy good" until he starts writing his own music and solos that sound good.
rape.

or just forget him?
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
he plays them sloppy and he doesnt write his own stuff, he takes stuff from metallica puts it in a diff key and calls it his own

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
I personally think, Those kind of guitar players may look great to other people but I don't really enjoy those music so.......... I don't care
Jam with him.

Or just kill him.

Or tell him that he proved how great Kirk is, and that you can't prove jack without writing your own song. Proud of playing Metallica? That's like stroking another dude.
Last edited by Ninjamonkey767 at Jan 17, 2009,
I would pretend to have a guitar battle, and just as he plugs in to his amp, pull out your guitar and physically slice him in half
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
he's better than you, get over it
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I think you should be supportive as a friend and recognize his accomplishment (can YOU play all of those solos?). Even though I'm not a huge Metallica fan, this kid has to have some chops, not to mention dedicaion. You should encourage him to write some of his own stuff, not going behind his back and making fun of him on UG. It is irritating when people say things like "Dude, I can shred like crazy...", though
Quote by Nafon
Tell him to play this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOb6JSQd-Qw

If he can't, GG at shredding properly.

thats the worst thing ive ever seen and heard

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

learn every Megadeth song and challenge him to a guitar battle

but seriously, he sounds like the type of guitar player that just plays covers and never learns how to make music
my friend is like that, he just learns covers and doesnt focus on anything else
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
yeh i was playin some crazy buckethead stuff and he was amazied, so im not jealous of him at all im kind of embarrased to be his friend, he goes around school and tells everyone hed kick their arses at guitar and hes like "am i right dave?" and im like wow.

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Quote by sg_man08
learn every Megadeth song and challenge him to a guitar battle

I suggest That
Quote by sneyob
Saw extended blue dick,
clicked X.

Sorry,
force of habit

Quote by Bmm386

There is only one solution. We need to bomb outer space. That should show those terrorist bastards who's who
Quote by Freaky_Styley

I suggest That

haha, but seriously he doesnt even try to write his own stuff, and wen we jam he just plays mettalica, the purpose of jamming is to play off one another, he cant even do that

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Quote by davebain27
Ok Title says it all. My friend can play just about any metallica song all the way through and he thinks hes the greatest guitarist because of it. And he says "dude i can shred like crazy" and all he plays is like kirk's solos. wut u think?

You only have the right to complain about this if you're better than him, because not all Metallica songs are that easy or anything, and you also can't blame him for liking a band.

Hence, let a guitar battle ensue, and see for yourself if he's actually that good.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Write you're own solo and guitar battle his ass!!!
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
Quote by Comrade Curry
Guitar battle, 'tis be the only way.

I love having improv guitar battles with the other guitarist in the schools jazz band, once a bunch of black kids were like "aw sheet you dudes should have a guitar battle!" We really got into it, he starteed playing some kind of arabian thing and they danced like the crazy nig...african americans they are, then I played soulja boy and then they danced even more, I think I won
Quote by davebain27
yeh i was playin some crazy buckethead stuff and he was amazied, so im not jealous of him at all im kind of embarrased to be his friend, he goes around school and tells everyone hed kick their arses at guitar and hes like "am i right dave?" and im like wow.

Tell him he's a douche. Just flat out tell him he's a ****ing douche. No matter how good he is, he's a plain and simple douche for bugging people like that.
Ok if u count this as a guitar battle.... Me and him yester day started doin this jam, I was playing my bass like a bluesy line, and he can do a little blues cause we both adore jimi, So i was playin away and he comes in with some cool riffs and a solo then i went off and started doin some bass fills and lines/ solos and crap, then he just stoped and started playing the same solo thinggy he played first again. you be the judge.

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
Quote by davebain27
Ok if u count this as a guitar battle.... Me and him yester day started doin this jam, I was playing my bass like a bluesy line, and he can do a little blues cause we both adore jimi, So i was playin away and he comes in with some cool riffs and a solo then i went off and started doin some bass fills and lines/ solos and crap, then he just stoped and started playing the same solo thinggy he played first again. you be the judge.

If you consider jamming with a pal on bass and guitar a guitar battle, then I feel sorry for you my friend.

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by goonerbynature
If you consider jamming with a pal on bass and guitar a guitar battle, then I feel sorry for you my friend.

Feel sorry to the self-proclaimed guitar god that lost to a guy missing two strings.
Quote by Ninjamonkey767
Feel sorry to the self-proclaimed guitar god that lost to a guy missing two strings.

To be fair, we don't know that he lost, TS didn't give a very accurate or unbiased description of the sequence of events.

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

haha well that was just to say that he can never come up with anything, yeh if we went like him playing kirk and me playing buckethead id destroy him

Guitar Gear:
Digitech Rp80
Digitech death metal
Dunlop Wah

Squier Bullet

Bass:
Ibanez Sr305
Ibanez gio
Fender rumble 100
tell him to play only ashes remain by necrophagist, if he can, hes good , if he cant then he sucks
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by davebain27
haha well that was just to say that he can never come up with anything, yeh if we went like him playing kirk and me playing buckethead id destroy him

Then why didn't you?

Buckethead could own Kirk so badly, it would be like what KFC do to the chickens which get stuffed into buckets like the ones Buckethead wears.

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

make him play "The Murder" then "crush my battle opponets balls" and then "winter madness"

then he can brag about skills
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Page 1 of 2