Page 1 of 2
Dr. Aboul al-Aish is a palestinian doctor who has worked his whole life towards tolerance and peace between the peoples of Israel and Palestine. He lives and works in the Gaza strip and 3 days out of the week, crosses the border to work in various hospitals in Israel.

Earlier today, (allegedly) a sniper took cover in the roof of the building where Dr. Aboul al-Aish had his home and fired upon troops of the IDF. The response came in the form of a tank shell, which took out most of the building, killing 3 of Dr. Aboul al-Aish's daughters. The desperate doctor, upon learning that Red Cross and Red Crescant ambulances found it impossible to reach his home or to take care of the wounded in the building, called an Israeli journalist, a good friend of his, just as his friend was about to do a report on a national Israeli news channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLUJ4fF2HN4&annotation_id=annotation_288952&feature=iv
(If you are not getting an subtitles click on the small triangle button on the bottom left corner of the youtube screen and select the CC button)

I am in tears.

May you and your family one day find peace, Doctor.
Last edited by Seryaph at Jan 17, 2009,
wow... it was hard to not cry during that... thats just terrible...
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
It's a terribly unfortunate consequence war.
I dont mean to diminish the situation at all, but what should one expect from a conflict thats essentially 3-4000 years old?

I think israel should get israel, but it is a terrible situation in general.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Yeah it is too bad. It's tragic that 10-15% of the Palestineans are lunatics and 10-15% of the Israelis are lunatics. Causes alot of problems for the people trying to just live their lives.
Words cannot describe my sadness right now, I just can't een try to say how I feel for him.
I Want One!!!

The Kraftwerkers: The Society for the Appreciation of Kraftwerk
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Yeah it is too bad. It's tragic that 10-15% of the Palestineans are lunatics and 10-15% of the Israelis are lunatics. Causes alot of problems for the people trying to just live their lives.

+100
Quote by blackflag49
This is what the Israeli military coolly dismisses as "collateral damage"

Yeah, only Israel does terrible things, nobody else.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Schneiderman
Yeah, only Israel does terrible things, nobody else.

I don't think anyone is trying to say that, but in terms of morality, its hard not to look at Israel as being in the wrong on this one.

10 Israeli soldiers and 3 civilians have died as a result of this conflict.

1210 Palestinians have died, over 700 of which were civilians, 413 of which were children.

I don't care what you say, there is no justifying that.
Quote by Seryaph
I don't think anyone is trying to say that, but in terms of morality, its hard not to look at Israel as being in the wrong on this one.

1210 Palestinians have died, over 700 of which were civilians, 413 of which were children.

Israel has better weapons.
Quote by Seryaph

Yes, terrible things happen to people, but that is the cause of war. I believe the end justifies the cause, (just look at general sherman's March To The Sea)and that is to decimate Hamas.
Last edited by metalishreddr13 at Jan 17, 2009,
War is stupid in the first place, it is the result of politicians and governments that can't resolve issues constructively or peacefully. Its ironic that the older generations of the Palestinians and Israelis start these wars, but the youth like us are the ones who die and suffer for it.
member of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero join. Australians only

Feel the Rhythm...
Quote by Twisted Magnum

Then those weapons should be used with restraint for Christ's sake.

The disproportionate use of force is one of the first things that makes a war unjustifiable.

Quote by metalishreddr13
Yes, terrible things happen to people, but that is the cause of war. I believe the end justifies the cause, (just look at general sherman's March To The Sea)and that is to decimate Hamas.

I completely disagree with you, sir. I do not believe that the end justifies the means. Nor do I think that General Sherman's March to the Sea was morally justifiable.
Last edited by Seryaph at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by Twisted Magnum

Because they receive more handouts in military aid than many poor countries receive in humanitarian aid.
Quote by metalishreddr13

So killing kids is okay if it's for a "cause"?

Right-o.
Quote by metalishreddr13

Sherman destroyed massive amounts of farmland and property owned by the elite slave-owning class of the South - they did not kill civilians by the thousand.
I think it's safe to say that the creation of a Jewish state was one of the worst ideas ever.
Quote by Darksucker
Sherman destroyed massive amounts of farmland and property owned by the elite slave-owning class of the South - they did not kill civilians by the thousand.

And of course, people are more offensed when Israeli forces invade gaza for a better cause then when a terrorist group kills thousands in an explosion "In the name of Allah".
Quote by blackthought
So killing kids is okay if it's for a "cause"?

Right-o.

As long as killing them so that they are the ones that start the wars, then yes.
Quote by Trefellin
I think it's safe to say that the creation of a Jewish state was one of the worst ideas ever.

No, it wasn't the creation of the state persay, it was the way the entire situation was handled by everyone involved that caused the problem.

From the very Balfour Declaration itself to the handling of the increasing violence by the British to the discrimination against the Palestinians by the Israeli to the resort of using violence by the Palestinians.
Quote by metalishreddr13
And of course, people are more offensed when Israeli forces invade gaza for a better cause then when a terrorist group kills thousands in an explosion "In the name of Allah".

No, Isreal was widely held as the "good guy", and people get upset when they discover that in this clusterfu*k there is no "good" side.
that sucks hope everything turns out as good as it can with the wounded
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by metalishreddr13

What the hell are you even talking about?
That man has lost his children....he lost the few things in his life that were care free, with an unquestionable love...

Any father would be devastated...

A child is like a light in the dark over there...so carefree, so...loving. This man just lost the few little glimpses of hope for himself...it just tore him up inside..

I can honestly say I'm crying..

VALEDIT: I was listening to this as I watched that video....

Quote by Alter Bridge- In Loving Memory

Thanks for all you've done
I've missed you for so long
I can't believe you're gone
You still live in me
I feel you in the wind
You guide me constantly

I've never knew what it was to be alone, no
Cause you were always there for me
You were always there waiting
And ill come home and I miss your face so
Smiling down on me
I close my eyes to see

And I know, you're a part of me
And it's your song that sets me free
I sing it while I feel I can't hold on
I sing tonight cause it comforts me

I carry the things that remind me of you
In loving memory of
The one that was so true
Your were as kind as you could be
And even though you're gone
You still mean the world to me

I've never knew what it was to be alone, no
Cause you were always there for me
You were always there waiting
But now I come home and it's not the same, no
It feels empty and alone
I can't believe you're gone

I'm glad he set you free from sorrow
I'll still love you more tomorrow
And you will be here with me still

And what you did you did with feeling
And You always found the meaning
And you always will
And you always will
And you always will

Ooo's

Thought it was kind of fitting...

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Last edited by valennic at Jan 17, 2009,
Quote by Seryaph
What the hell are you even talking about?

I'm talking about goddamn double-standards in the press and the idiocracy of society today
Quote by metalishreddr13
I'm talking about goddamn double-standards in the press and the idiocracy of society today

How 'bout this: killing kids is wrong. Simple enough for even you to comprehend.

Do tell me, what exactly did those kids do to deserve to die?
Quote by metalishreddr13

Those are barbarians killing "in the name of Allah." Israel is thought of as above that. They were thought of as 'civilized' but they prove that they are as murderous as any "terrorist organization."
Quote by metalishreddr13

Has society ever been anything else? Is the liberal media really so much worse than the yellow press of 100 years ago? Or the various secret polices, inquisistions, and propoganda spewers of yore?
Quote by metalishreddr13

But how exactly are people more offended by Israel invading the Gaza Strip then by a terrorist attack that killed thousands? How does that relate to double-standards in the press?

And idocracy is a movie. Not a word.
Quote by metalishreddr13

Because the ****ing 3,000 people that died on 9/11 didn't upset anyone.

Quit talking out of your ****ing ass.
I feel really sad for the doctor. Though I'm no fanatic for either side in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, I think the IDF could have done something more than just lob a tank shell into the house. I cannot feel the pain that the father must be going through right now, because of a poor misjudgement.

But on the other side of the coin, Hamas should stop trying to hide behind the civilian population and using them as virtual meat shields. Half the civilian casualties of the war come from Hamas firing rockets from crowded civilian areas, and from snipers taking cover in places such as hospitals. I'm sure Allah would reward courage more than playing hide and seek with the IDF
Poor guy. Even the anchors were starting to choke up. So sad...
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
Page 1 of 2