First let me tell you a bit about myself and my situation. I've been playing electric guitar for about two years now. I listen to just about any kind of music. And I'm often inspired by Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, Jimi Hendrix, and Antonio Vivaldi. I practice about 1-6 hours a day depending on how much free time I have. It averages from about 3-4 though.

I don't want to join an already existing band, I'm looking for a band that wants the same sounds as I do. Those sounds being something along the lines of light metal/rock tone with blues and classical influenced phrasing. More or less an experimental/progressive rock style. Although I'd like to do original work, a lot of it would be covers for the comfort of our listeners. Generally we'd cover songs from bands like the following:a

The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Boston, Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Def Leppard, Scorpions, AC/DC, Metallica, and occasionally Guns 'N Roses

also we would cover various Christian artists from time to time such as:

Third Day, Jars of Clay, and Jeremy Camp

All members don't HAVE to be of the christian faith nececarily, but they must be willing to play songs that reflect such, and can NOT be anything of the opposite. Any original work could have almost any sounds from country to metal, but the general lyrics and message can not be depressing, belittling, evil, etc. Though they can have dark, mystic, deep meanings.

I do have my own practice space, though each band member is AS OF RIGHT NOW responsible for their own gear, which includes instruments, amplification, effects, etc. Practices would generally range to 1-4 times a week depending on the number of gigs that week, how much practice is needed, and other variables. If I am to assemble a band I would be able to purchase amplification devices such as monitors and cabinets, but not until a specific level of excellence and commitment is shown.

As of right now I need a:

Rhythm Guitarist
Bassist
Drummer
Lead Vocalist (Male)

(pretty much the whole lot at the moment =S) It is preferred that the Rhythm Guitarist and bassist can sing a bit for backup and such. Band members ages can range from 16-20 (and able to drive themselves).

This is all a guideline set to my central vision on how I'd like this band to be. Certain characteristics can be overlooked. If you have any questions, comments, or would like to join, please pm me.

Thank you
Learning more about music and all its glory one post at a time.
Inconspicuous Bump-age.
Bump for anyone who hasn't seen this!