I just got my mesa dual recto a couple days ago with a Marshall 1936 lead Cab. While I was at the music store, the sales clerk hooked me up with a speaker cable and told me to connect the 4 ohms input to the speaker input. I did as I was told and plugged it into the back. However, I cannot help but wonder what the second input is for. If I would buy another cable to plug into the second input would their be any notable affects? Or would it just make it louder?
Thanks
BT
the other input is probably for daisy chaining to another cab. just my guess, i might be wrong.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
i think it would be used if you got another speaker box, you would plug in the other speaker box from the one you currently have rather then pluging it into the amp

so

amp > messa box > other box
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
It could be a parallel out, it could be an 8 ohms input, it could be many things.

Check the Marshall website.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Don't you have speaker outputs labeled 4 ohm, 4 ohm, 8 ohm and 16 ohm? If you've got a 4 ohm cab, plug it into the 4 ohm output. If you've got 2 8 ohm cabs, plug each into the 2 4 ohm cabs. If you have a 16 ohm cab, plug it into the corresponding output. Do not plug speakers into each of the outputs. This would be bad.
I don't mean to revive the thread, but no-one has stated Mono/Stereo Functions of the 1936...
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do