ok so i really want to build a guitar as one of my projects for gr12 this year. I will have the whole semester to build it. THe thing i am not sure about is the neck, should i just buy a pre-made neck (not sure if this is allowed), or should I buy a fretboard that has been fretted and build my own neck, and what would i do about a trust rod?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
I don't know, but I'd be surprised if your shop at school had all the equipment you need to complete this to be honest. You would also want someone there with some know-how, it wouldn't be easy by yourself and never having done it. Ever think about building a cab or something like that? I think that would be a fun project, and a lot more do-able.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
buy a truss rod and make everything else
with all the help from this forum you'd be able to make it
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
You're like me.

Grade 10 wanted to build a guitar... Built a flight case...

Grade 11 wanted to build a guitar... Built a 2x10 cabinet....

Grade 12 wanted to build a guitar... Work in progress.

I have access to quite a broad array of tools in my shop including CNC machines however even with acess to these tools I can say first hand don't try making your own fretboard and if you want an angled headstock you're better off buying your own. The only downside I can see to this is that you can't make a custom neck shape. I guess a mid range would be a paddle head neck blank.

I've tried an failed many times on scrap and i've yet to finalize anything and cut into a slab of Maple I have lying there in the shop.

Speak to your teacher, explain things, show a plan of proceedure that shows just how much work actually goes into making any part of a guitar.
ok so if i buy a pre-made neck, is there a tutorial somewhere for the neck joint? btw has anyone built a guitar at school themselves?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
The guy above you is working on his in school for his senior year. It said in progress.
Gear List

2002 Gibson SG Faded
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50

Gas List

Gibson Firebird