ok so i really want to build a guitar as one of my projects for gr12 this year. I will have the whole semester to build it. THe thing i am not sure about is the neck, should i just buy a pre-made neck (not sure if this is allowed), or should I buy a fretboard that has been fretted and build my own neck, and what would i do about a trust rod?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
I don't know, but I'd be surprised if your shop at school had all the equipment you need to complete this to be honest. You would also want someone there with some know-how, it wouldn't be easy by yourself and never having done it. Ever think about building a cab or something like that? I think that would be a fun project, and a lot more do-able.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
buy a truss rod and make everything else
with all the help from this forum you'd be able to make it
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
You're like me.

Grade 10 wanted to build a guitar... Built a flight case...

Grade 11 wanted to build a guitar... Built a 2x10 cabinet....

Grade 12 wanted to build a guitar... Work in progress.

I have access to quite a broad array of tools in my shop including CNC machines however even with acess to these tools I can say first hand don't try making your own fretboard and if you want an angled headstock you're better off buying your own. The only downside I can see to this is that you can't make a custom neck shape. I guess a mid range would be a paddle head neck blank.

I've tried an failed many times on scrap and i've yet to finalize anything and cut into a slab of Maple I have lying there in the shop.

Speak to your teacher, explain things, show a plan of proceedure that shows just how much work actually goes into making any part of a guitar.
ok so if i buy a pre-made neck, is there a tutorial somewhere for the neck joint? btw has anyone built a guitar at school themselves?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
The guy above you is working on his in school for his senior year. It said in progress.
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird