First off, I would like to apologize for making this thread. I just bought a Peavey Valve King 212. I have 2 VERY basic questions (this is my first tube amp)
1. How do I turn it on?
2. How long should I let it warm up and do I put it on standby or power when I let it warm up
I truly appreciate the time that you answered my question and your patience with my noobism. (Please don't kill me)

EDIT: Awesome, it doesn't turn on. Yes I did but I thought I forgot how to do it (strange I know) but now that I now that I was doing it right I get to return it =\
The gun in my mouth was real.
And the taste?
Last edited by superunknown4 at Jan 18, 2009,
Oh man.

Hokay... make sure the Standby is down first, then flip 'Power' up. Wait about 30 seconds, then flip Standby up.

When you're ready to stop, flip the Standby down and then turn the amp off.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Man didn't you even try it before you bought it?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
Man didn't you even try it before you bought it?

That’s what I was thinking.

Unless it was in the store, already plugged in and turned on.

Still, wouldn't doing a Google search on how to turn a tube amp on at least spare you of a dignity loss?
Do you have the power chord plugged in?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Xeron Brigs
That’s what I was thinking.

Unless it was in the store, already plugged in and turned on.

Still, wouldn't doing a Google search on how to turn a tube amp on at least spare you of a dignity loss?

Sounds stupid I know. I was trying to make sure I was doing it right. I tried it out in the store and and turned on fine. Now when I took it home it won't even turn on.
The gun in my mouth was real.
And the taste?
Quote by Raijouta
Oh man.

Hokay... make sure the Standby is down first, then flip 'Power' up. Wait about 30 seconds, then flip Standby up.

When you're ready to stop, flip the Standby down and then turn the amp off.

Aren't you supposed to flip the Standby on first, then power?
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1