Page 1 of 2
My brother has about the same taste in music , I like it but the problem is He wants to be good at Screaming like in music.
So He screams in his room. and when he screams I can hear it in my house anywhere because my house isn't big.
I don't mind people screaming in music but it's quite horrible to hear people practicing screaming.

I don't wanna hurt him soo what should I tell him or suggest him? since my house isnt big enough. Is there any way to practice screaming without annoying other people around?
lololololol!!!!
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Fender Standard Telecaster HH Black (SH-5/'59)
-Fender Standard Stratocaster HH White (Nazgul/'59)
-Austin Guitars Les Paul Goldtop Copy (Distortion/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+
-Peavey Stereo Chorus 2x12 Combo
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo
-Marshall MX2x12 Cabinet

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
If its that loud, it could be damaging. Tell him to get Zen of Screaming. That'll at least teach him how to beathe properly and what not. Then Get him the Zen of Screaming 2. Thats for actual screaming.
next time he screams verbally abuse his skills and his musical tastes.
If that punk motherfucker opens his mouth one more time, beat him with an aluminum baseball bat.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by iantheman
next time he screams verbally abuse his skills and his musical tastes.
If that punk motherfucker opens his mouth one more time, beat him with an aluminum baseball bat.

He's stronger than me
Quote by james4
..soundproof his room?

I suggested it to him. and he said that it's extremely expensive
Quote by The Spoon
If its that loud, it could be damaging. Tell him to get Zen of Screaming. That'll at least teach him how to beathe properly and what not. Then Get him the Zen of Screaming 2. Thats for actual screaming.

hmm is that some kind of Lessons? thanks but that doesn't make this problem solved
go out for a bit?? Come up with some sort of plan when he can scream...
Go jam with him!!!! Do a brother sister thing like the white stripes except its screaming...
Tell him to scream into a pillow or something.

Or get some head phones.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Let him practice, what harm can it do? If he gets good at it, good for him. I hate screaming too, TS.
lol, deal with it, my mom had to, also tell him to practise it when no one is home. i do Death metal vocals and waht not and my mom really only had to put up with it a couple days before a show where i had to practise it a bit. but tell him to watch out for other peoples ears cause when you first start out it sounds like complete ****. but it will get better.
tell him that he is,most likely, screaming wrong,and that if he keeps it up he gonna blow his voice out completely and ruin his vocal cords...
If you can hear him screaming, then he's not doing it right.

You're supposed to "scream" with quietly with your mouth close enough to the mic so it sounds like your louder than you really are.

He's going to cause permanent damage to his throat if he keeps this up.
Does being successful truly make you a sell out? Can't you do your own original music and be successful because of it?
Quote by hayan
hmm is that some kind of Lessons? thanks but that doesn't make this problem solved
With proper technique, screaming really shouldn't be much louder than speaking volume. Hence, get the DVDs, or at least some sort of direction for him...
Quote by hayan

its a DVD. he's gotta practice, but it works pretty well
Make him eat a live octopus but don't wrap it around the stick tightly, allowing its tentacle thingys to stick to the inside of his throat, thus causing the octopus's body to block his airway, essentially ridding him of his ability to scream, ultimately solving your problem.

Simple enough, right?
Tell him that he's doing it wrong. When I growl and scream when I'm just sitting around bored it usually is about as loud as me when I talk kind of loudly.
Quote by hayan
He's stronger than me

Get your skinny ass in a gym?

edit: totally missed you'rea girl. Just bash his nuts in. Problem solved. Now you'll have a lovely soprano in the family.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Last edited by zekk at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by SpelChek
Tell him that he's doing it wrong. When I growl and scream when I'm just sitting around bored it usually is about as loud as me when I talk kind of loudly.

hmm I think my house's soundproofing is really bad.
Quote by hayan
hmm I think my house's soundproofing is really bad.

Um...

Houses don't come standard sound proofed.

It doesn't work like that.

But yeah you can save up egg cartons and just put a bunch up on the wall in his room that is shared with the rest of the house.

Should dampen it a little until you can cover the whole room.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Wow, he is totaly doing it wrong. DOnt worry TS, in about a week he will be bleeding out of his throat and will give up / never speak again.

Seriously, growling shouldn't be loud at all. If hes yelling at the top of his lungs he's going to **** his vocals completely.
Quote by SAINTJIMMY9999
If you can hear him screaming, then he's not doing it right.

You're supposed to "scream" with quietly with your mouth close enough to the mic so it sounds like your louder than you really are.

He's going to cause permanent damage to his throat if he keeps this up.

^ dead f'n wrong. really. that's an extremely uninformed statement.

check out the billions of mic-less vocal covers on YouTube, even.

to TS: earplugs. or talk to him about it.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Quote by Final !mpact
Wow, he is totaly doing it wrong. DOnt worry TS, in about a week he will be bleeding out of his throat and will give up / never speak again.

Seriously, growling shouldn't be loud at all. If hes yelling at the top of his lungs he's going to **** his vocals completely.

hmm Aren't Growling and Screaming different?
I thought Growling is in low voice and more like for Death metal.
get a ball gag and a large black dildo, I think you know what to do....
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by hayan
I suggested it to him. and he said that it's extremely expensive

Egg cartons, inexpensive and it should do the job well
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by //ANDREW\\
tell him that he is,most likely, screaming wrong,and that if he keeps it up he gonna blow his voice out completely and ruin his vocal cords...

This. Ruined vocal cords are bad, even if he is being loud.
Agreed you gotta do it properly, Angela Gossow of arch enemy blew her voice out as she never learned to do it properly

EDIT: If I understand it correctly the scream or growl is supposed to be from the diaphragm (spelling wrong most likely) not from your throat if you go from your throat its destroying your vocal chords, does he ever cough after screaming? Thats a good sign that your hurting your vocal chords.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Jan 18, 2009,
Page 1 of 2