Hey all, I'm looking for a fuzz pedal that is suited for Nine Inch Nails and Black Light Burns type fuzz. The more versatility the better. Would a French Toast be capable of doing this type fuzz? I know most will suggest a Fuzz Factory but I'm just looking for alternatives not as expensive as the Fuzz Factory. Thanks in advance.
Fuzz Factory.

/thread

Honestly, they rock. I'm the stupidest man alive for breaking mine.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Quote by acdcrocks0323
A russian Big Muff would probably do it.

I always thought they were more of a distortion pedal? I have heard good things about them though. Any more suggestions?
I'd just like to repeat the whole Russian Big Muff suggestion as a satisfied owner of one.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
I would get fuzz from some boutique company (even though most are nearly the same). Look around.
Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by acdcrocks0323
The USA Big Muffs are fuzzier and the Sovtek ones are like distortion with a fuzzy character to it.

So a USA Big Muff is better then a Russian?
Analogman's SunFace is a pretty great sounding fuzz, a touch darker and very responsive. Lots of tweakability. Cheaper than the fuzz factory at $230.

(still, save up for a fuzz factory).

-edit- To respond to the above post, the US isn't better, it's just different. I own a Sovtek; it's darker and smoother, less fizzy. But you won't get the tight, compressed fuzz.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
Last edited by VisionaryTics at Feb 5, 2009,
IMO you need something a bit more extreme than a Big Muff. Look at Devi Ever fuzzes, one of their $100 pedals should get you a nice nasty fuzz.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments