so i have a gisbon Sg standard ive had it for about 3 years. only recently did i encounter a problem. when bending the treble strings hard there is a little quick crack noise i was wondering if anyone that has one has had this happen to them? i wonder if its the trust rod? the strings? or maybe the action is too low?

thanks
I hate to break it to you, but He is - He most definitely is.
Quote by lesismoreSG
so i have a gisbon Sg standard ive had it for about 3 years. only recently did i encounter a problem. when bending the treble strings hard there is a little quick crack noise i was wondering if anyone that has one has had this happen to them? i wonder if its the trust rod? the strings? or maybe the action is too low?

thanks

Haha, sorry I don't have anything to contribute, but the trust rod made me giggle. Sorry its late here.
Quote by Black-Metal
you sir, are my favourite american

When god gives you lemons, YOU FIND A NEW GOD!
it's probably the nut, if the strings catch in it they make a nasty sound like they're gonna snap or something. just lube it up or rub some graphite in there unless it's visibly worn.
guitar
amp

some pedals
I get this with my SG. It's getting caught either in the bridge saddles or nut. As suggested already, just put some lube or preferrably graphite in there.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
in the nut??? it sounds like its either in the upper bridge or maybe the tuners the crack is deftnly at the end of the neck
I hate to break it to you, but He is - He most definitely is.
Bridge or nut end, either way. It wasn't all the way through probably, and you just pulled it through. Not a serious issue, although lubing it would help as people have said.
As long as it is nothing coming from the neck itself, don't worry!!
I have a std. SG too and well, I recall having that cracking noise from time to time. I also had that in my old Epi SG. To me, it is like the strings were stucked for not playing often.