Poll: Which guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitar?
Landscape semihollow; you want a semihollow, it's more different, and you seem to like it more.
8 57%
Dillion Les Paul; It's a Les Paul eith ane bony board, custom pickups and good words said.
6 43%
Voters: 14.
Yes, these topics are cliche. And get used a lot. So are male orphan protagonists in their mid-twenties/late-teens who fall in love with the female lead. Deal.

Anyway, I'm looking at a new guitar. I have two specific guitars in mind, both seem to be brilliant. I'll try to keep this short to prevent too many cases of tl;dr, since I myself am a lazy bastard and stick by that, but forgive me if I go on.

The two guitars are as follows;

Landscape semhiollow(name undetermined, and discontinued at the 90's, so not old enough to be a collectible, not new enough to be well-known)

http://www.jsdguitarshack.com/custom_shop_guitars/landscape_semihollow.html

$600 w/ a free hardshell thrown in

Pros; A hollowbody pretty much completes my collection. I dig it's feel. I like chunky necks, which it pulls very well. Albeit with an OD pedal(that's right kids, not dist., OD. With a proper setting, an OD pedal can do metal.), it effing managed some metal, and that's huge for a non-solidbody. It got that singing feedback that I love with very little effort. The stock pickups were replaced I think either with GFS or Lindy Fralin pickups. Cheaper. Discontinued-ness makes it feel special. Discontinued-ness makes it something you won't see much. Plus it compliments the fact that two of my other guitars are in discontinued finishes, and one is a discontinued model. I've been aching for a semihollow.

Cons; I may get tired of the feedback. Bigger.

Dillion DL6500 Les Paul copy(yes, it's a copy, but I have two other Dillion's, their excellent copies. And not Ed Roman "think-their-excellent-til'-playing-the-real-thing" excellent. I've played real Custom 22's, while little will be as good, for $450, my PRS copy stood pretty well)

Not on Dillion's site yet, so let me copypaste the email my guitar teacher sent me;

Dillion

DL6500FI (ISIS SERIES)

·AAAA American Flame Maple Top

·Triple bound Solid mahogany arch top body

·Bound neck.

·Chrome hardware with Grover 18-1 ratio tuners

·Dillion deluxe Alnico humbuckers.

·(18 gauge American wiring),

·One piece Mahogany set neck with 13.7" neck radius

·Ebony fretboard with 22 Jumbo hand polished frets.

·Genuine Abalone Trapezoid inlays

·GHS strings and bone nut.

· Scale length: 24.7"

$700 w/ optional custom-fitted $70 hardshell

Pros; Both sources that've played them say they beat out a lot of custom-shop Gibson Les Pauls(though, to be fair, one is a Dillion-exclusive dealer, the other is the owner if Dillion, their not going to downtalk it). Made in small numbers. That beautiful Les Paul design.

Cons; More expensive. I already have a Dillion 22-ebony-fret dual-humbucker limited edition maple-topped mahogany-backed archtop solidbody that was basically last years version of this, and that one is doublecut too. Untested, while the semihollow has been my guitar teachers main axe for a while.

So yeah. I'm leaning towards the semihollow since I'd get both through my guitar teacher, and out of the three sources I asked about either guitar(local Dillion dealer, Dillion owner/founder John Dillion and my guitar teacher), he's not only the only unbiased opinion(being as he'd profit from either), but he's also the one who said the semihollow, so I figured I'd get UG's thoughts. Genres are a bit of everything though preferred is classic rock and blues, and last I asked someone, I sound somewhere between Tony Iommi and Jimi Hendrix. Rig is in sig, soon to have either an EHX Small Stone phaser or an MXR Phase 90 script w/ LED phaser added.

So, which would you go with UG?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
tl;dr
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Quote by Raiderkid38
tl;dr

*castrates*

Also, 61 views and three votes?

Get the semi. This is the second thread of yours i've posted in about debating a solid or semi-hollow

Just go for it man. The way you talk about it, you like the semihollow but you like the other one enough to make you hesitate. Don't hesitate. Go with what you want, which in this case sounds like the semi-hollow.
Hmm...well, your probably one of my fellow 08'ers I trust the most, so I suppose I'll go with that then, especially since the semihollow is leading in the poll. Thanks for the input.

No problem, glad to see people listen to me

The one thing i noticed with guitar is you pretty much can't do anything without a trade-off. IE; hardtail=no vibrato/divebombs/etc., but FR=harder to set up/harder to maintain/not as stable.
I'd say this applies to you here as well, so you kind of have to decide which would be the better trade-off for you. Which, as i stated before, i think would be the Landscape.
Agreed, I suppose the "limited edition" tag they slapped on the Dillion just made me go "ooh and aah".

Now just need to decide whether or not to follow through with the phaser, as well as which phaser to go for...I love the one on my Behringer multi-effects thing, which recently began working again, but the only amp model I really need/want now is the Triple Rectifier model now since I have tubes now and really just need an amp sim. for metal songs. And the manual doesn't say what phaser it's modeled on. D=

Go for the semi-hollow body.I don't know about over there but we don't see many semi hollowbodies here,so stand out,be different.
And if you already have a nice solid-body then that's an extra reason.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.