so major dilemma
I'm going to Big Day Out in a week and Neil Young clashes with Dropkick Murphys and I can't decide who to see
everyone says to see Neil Young because he's a legend and he's gonna have to retire sometimes soon but its really not my sort of music

also, neil young plays half an hour longer, so i could the first half hour and then swap but ehhhhhh

any thoughts?
Quote by 0RI0N
Remember this: Walk away now and you walk away from your crafts, your skills, your vocations; leaving the next generation with nothing but recycled, digitally-sampled techno-grooves, acid pop, and simpering, saccarine, soulless slush.
murphys used to be my favourite band for 3 years, but now neil is my favourite guitarist...tis a delima. sorry, im no help.
Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young Neil Young.

He's good live, and he's and amazing artist all around. DM are okay, but are they any good live?

EDIT: You need a poll up in this ****.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Last edited by OzarkMDaredevil at Jan 18, 2009,
Neil Young.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
how do you add a poll?
Quote by 0RI0N
Remember this: Walk away now and you walk away from your crafts, your skills, your vocations; leaving the next generation with nothing but recycled, digitally-sampled techno-grooves, acid pop, and simpering, saccarine, soulless slush.
Neil! Neil! Neil!

Make sure it says Neil Young and not Diamond...I've made that mistake before...

Slicedit: I disagree with the necessity for a poll, because the only vote should be Neil and all others should be voided on account of not Neil.
Quote by wombifat
how do you add a poll?

Edit your original post and scroll down, you should see the button. It kind of explains itself from there.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Who are dropkick murphys?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
DM are okay, but are they any good live?

Are you serious? They're known for having awesome live shows.

I would definitely go see the Dropkick Murphys, but I don't like Neil Young. Just my opinion, see whichever one you like more. I also like the fact that Murphys shows are general admission/standing room only, because I really don't like sitting in a seat and watching bands play far away unless I have to. If you see Neil Young, you'll obviously have to sit unless you pay some ridiculous ticket price.
I've seen Neil Young live, and it is a good sight to behold.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
Quote by RU Experienced?
^Piss-poor Irish Folky/Punk band.

See Neil Young.

Ew. I'm not seeing either
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by hardrock1315
Are you serious? They're known for having awesome live shows.

I would definitely go see the Dropkick Murphys, but I don't like Neil Young. Just my opinion, see whichever one you like more. I also like the fact that Murphys shows are general admission/standing room only, because I really don't like sitting in a seat and watching bands play far away unless I have to. If you see Neil Young, you'll obviously have to sit unless you pay some ridiculous ticket price.

its a music festival
all of it is standing up

and thats the thing they're known for awesome live shows

and if i don't see them and they don't come back to australia ever again I'm going to cry

but is that likely?
Quote by 0RI0N
Neil Phucking Young. Please go see Neil Young!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MLNUynFL3lA

I love his new song and video.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Last edited by IMABBALLPLAYER at Jan 18, 2009,
i have the same dilemma, i'm going to the adelaide one though
but i also have the problem of seeing the prodigy afterwards...
i'll probably leave after about 70% of each of the sets

which city are you going to?
Last edited by tyler_j at Jan 18, 2009,
I don't particularly like either, but Neil Young really really really sucks IMO, so go with the Dropkick Murphys.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
see what you enjoy.

i wouldnt plan it at all. wait until you are there and go with whoever you see like feeling at the moment.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by tyler_j
i have the same dilemma, i'm going to the adelaide one though
but i also have the problem of seeing the prodigy afterwards...
i'll probably leave after about 70% of each of the sets

which city are you going to?

im going to melbourne

i think melbourne and adelaide are the only ones with that problem

and i think this guy ^^ has the right idea
but either way ill see at least half an hour of neil young
so its all good
and yeah in melbourne prodigy dont overlap anyone
Quote by 0RI0N
Neil Young...do it.
Quote by Perfection 101
If we all had this guy's clarity of thought, world peace would ensue

Quote by Zugunruhe
incidentally, there are absolutely no results for "bizzare anal kazoo" on google.