i am looking for a clean boost to increase volume and gain without changing my tone too much. only problem is that there is so much choice.

some of the pedals i have been looking into are:
catalinbread super chilli picoso
mi audio boost n buff
homebrew electronics uno mos
blackstar ht-boost

which of these is the most transparent? also i would like to spend as little as possible (ht-boost seems a bit much).
Boosta Grande is pretty good from what ive heard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
look at a keeley java boost pedal. they sounds amazing
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
Quote by dcdossett65
Boosta Grande is pretty good from what ive heard

Tone loss, and humming at high boosts.

Chili Picoso also has the tone shaping toggle on it... You can make it exactly the same only a dB's louder, or take the tone and make it fatter...
Between those I'd go Uno Mos. If you're handy with a soldering iron you can build it for much cheaper, it's a copy of a DIY circuit.
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
Tone loss, and humming at high boosts.

Chili Picoso also has the tone shaping toggle on it... You can make it exactly the same only a dB's louder, or take the tone and make it fatter...

I stand corrected. Just some guys telling me they liked it.ive never tried it.

Home brew electronis is my vote then. Greatest pedals evaaaaar
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
i really dont need the fat switch on the chilli picoso cause my guitar has coil tap but if it sounds the best it looks like a winner. has anyone compared these pedals?

oh and also, the super chilli picoso would cost me as much as the blackstar ht-boost.
Last edited by no_thing101 at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by no_thing101
i really dont need the fat switch on the chilli picoso cause my guitar has coil tap but if it sounds the best it looks like a winner. has anyone compared these pedals?

oh and also, the super chilli picoso would cost me as much as the blackstar ht-boost.

Yuppers. Def Super Chili over Blackstar.
Quote by AcousticLesPaul
Yuppers. Def Super Chili over Blackstar.

how are they differrent in terms of tone?
i am sure the super hard on is a great pedal but there is no way i am spending 265usd on boost pedal. the super chili picoso looks good to me. it appears to have a very similar design and it uses the same mosfet transistor as the super hard on.