I'm shopping for and an amp and this is what's for sale near me right now.

Fender Hotrod Deluxe 112 $375

Peavey Classic 30 112 $300

Peavey Classic 50 410 $325

I'd appreciate any and all comments and suggestions- thanks
Blues Junior/Deluxe instead.

Honestly, they are awesome.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
wat genres do u play?
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
I'd go for the versatility of the Classic 30. HRD is an ok amp, but sounds like **** overdriven.
Nice prices...where do you live?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
classic 30 or 50. unless u need the extra volume for gigging, get the 30 watt version. otherwise i dont think there's that much tone difference according to my ears neway
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
well ive heard some bad things about the HRD's overdrive channel
go try them out at the store
good luck man
I was already leaning towards the classic 30 so this thread has practically sealed the deal. Reliability is what turns me off of Fender. The Classic 50 is such a tank and I'd like to keep my amp cranked all the time so I'm thinking smaller is better. I will hopefully be gigging with it but that's what a PA and monitors are for, right? What speaker should I put in it? I'm thinking a Celestion but I don't know which one. What tubes should I put in it too? Thanks for the info...
Then again, that Classic 50 is only 25 bucks more and 1/2 hour further away. I would hate lugging that thing around, but if it's a better amp, it's a better amp. What do you think? I'm gonna have one of these by sunday night. Which one, hmmm....
Depends if you want a 4x10 cab or 1x12 is really the only big difference between the classic 50 vs. 30.
I'm thinking that respeakering the 410 would be too expensive and I really don't like the stock speakers. I think I'll go with the 30.
Just for the record, I went to my FLMS just last week to put some money down on one or the other...took my favorite guitar and spent some time with each amp. Same settings, same effects.

For whatever reason, the treble notes on the Peavey seemed more piercing, and not in a good way. I mean piercing as in "hurt my ears."

The Fender, OTOH, seemed to have a more balanced sound, and that's the one I went with.

Just my $0.02.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!