Alright so you have a nice guitar, amp, bass or whatever. But times demand drastic action and you have to raise a bit of cash. What's the worst deal you ever made (in hindsight).

Mine was easy to select. I'd swapped my '74 Black Beauty for what seemed to be a '61 SG Custom in 1976. I was getting married and certain financial things had gone wrong and the beloved SG had to go. I wasn't in a band at the time anyway. Well I advertised it in one of the music papers and someone came along who was an 'expert' on Gibsons. He took a look at it and said he didn't want it as it wasn't an SG and he didn't know what it was.
Well I was getting desperate and eventually took it to a shop/dealer who gave me £230 for it. Not what I'd wanted but enough for my needs at the time.

Only later did I find out that having Les Paul on the little plate between the neck and neck pup meant something. It was, of course a Les Paul Custom, SG shape from 1961. And it went to pay for a ****** wedding!

I bet some of you have equally sad stories so here's a place to bare your soul get the regret and guilt out in the open.
I knew a guy who sold a cab for 50 USD. It was in mint condition, too, only scrapes and scratches. Not sure what brand and model it was, though, so it could have actually been a good deal.
i bet it felt like you got kicked in the gonads. i'm sorry to hear about the tragedy.
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Man that's like having a death in the family.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
I kind of did it in reverse.

I had to sell something when I was very desperate for new gear.

Although seeing Satan appear at the crossroads made a helluva impression before the final negotiations.

Still think I got the better end of the deal though.

Tireedit: Wow your story is depressing.
Last edited by Tire Me. at Jan 18, 2009,