I was just curious. I've played in front of 300-500 people at a middle school talent show, i sang and played bass to one of our original songs, we played for two different crowds of 300-500 people. for being a 14 year old in a band who cant drive anywhere, I'd say i'm doing great for my age. XD

what about you?
Try adding more delay.
about a room full maybe 30 people (small room)
Quote by SOADrox429
Dude... I want to date a drum major. I bet they could fuck in time to Tool.
5.6 million dollars brand new auditorium.

...ok fine! school talent show... but it really is that expensive i think.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Played Dream Theater's Ytse Jam (twice) in front of +150 people on band contest. It was so sweeet.
I think there were about 300 there...it was an outdoor show. That's being optimistic though.

That is, of course, unless you count marching band in high school...then it's about 5000.

Nope, no sig here.
about 400 with flute and about 500 with bass at a school show twice (two day show) we played i kissed a girl
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Played One-Metallica as a bassist with my band (no vocalist) infront of about 300-400 people.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
Played to about 5,000 at a beach party in Cyprus, 3,000 at the Royal Festival Hall London.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
hmmm
I would say the largest would have been
maybe a thousand??

My school's marching band played at the Chick-fil-A bowl
I wasn't there
but the crowd was 70,000+
Kinda sorry I missed out on that one.

Love the Low end
around 300 at a school assembly but it wasnt really a gig. We play parties quite a bit which areusually around 30 people but very energetic. We're playing a charity gig on Friday in front of 300+ people whom none of us know and have never heard us. Plus we'll probably end up playing first.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Numbers doesn't really count unless it's money we're talking about, one of the best evenings I've attended was listening to the playing and anecdotes of Tommy Alsup, none of you will know of him nor maybe even Buddy Holly who he played guitar for; but just to be one of the priveliged 200 made it special.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
Numbers doesn't really count unless it's money we're talking about, one of the best evenings I've attended was listening to the playing and anecdotes of Tommy Alsup, none of you will know of him nor maybe even Buddy Holly who he played guitar for; but just to be one of the priveliged 200 made it special.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't heard of Buddy Holly, let's be fair.

Anyways, biggest gig would have been my first ever gig, to about 400 people. Good night that was.
School talent show not long ago, me and my friend played a couple of acoustic songs, maybe 50+ people.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Quote by John Swift

Numbers really do count- more than money. Of course, money is always nice so we can afford a hotel. I don't feel comfortable waking up in the back of a van with my hand on my drummer's crotch.
I played at strawberry fair, had about 200 people in the tent, and some serious amps on stage, it was awesome
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
^ Come to the Cambridge date- you know you want to. Actually, I'll be going into the city centre on Tues to put the deposit down on MotM...
Aorund 300 is an average, but im not gigging at the mo, and wont be till summer i reckon.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
One of my first was my biggest, probably between 200 and 300 or so.

But since people are mentioning marching band haha: Last summer I made the Mississippi Lion's All-State band, which is a huge deal, at least around here. We marched in the Independence Day Parade in Washington DC. Supposedly there were hundreds of thousands of people there, at least that's what they told us. And I don't know if it was televised or not.
50 or so.

Easter Special at my church.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
On bass? About 100 people in a restaurant bar. As a musician? My high school band once played to a sold out game at Yankee Stadium @ 57,000 baseball fans. I got to meet Thurman Munson as well
I played at the main stage of The Sound Academy in Toronto, which holds 3000 I believe. Nowhere near that was there, but there were 1000+ tickets sold. My guess is 500.

I also played to a sold-out Club 279 in Toronto, which was a few hundred, but it was a very small venue.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
nice anarkee!!! hahah

ive played, with my band, to about 900 people at most...that was our last show. we got another one coming up and im hoping there to be more people
love the wisky a go go everybody who works there is high as hell lol
biggest show was a festival in edmonton there were a couple thousand people there none of which where there to see us but u no lol
Keep On Keepen' On
Playing for basically the whole school 900-ish kids, too bad no one was paying attention
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
school gigs dont count lol.

My band usually pulls about 50-60 people per gig we do nowadays. Depends on the promotion and like. That doesn't include what other band's bring. We gig to over 120 per gig I say.

We've supported some bigger bands in Leicester before. Largest crowd must be about 350, the venue had to turn people away from the doors cause it was so full and they were already exceeding the quote for the insurance.. We were first act on, did a good job warming up the crowd, headliners were awesome.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Usually I play in front of about 75-150 people when I play. It usually depends. Last one was about 120 maybe. The one before that was about 30 and our band was six of those people. Ha ha ha. Usually though we sell all the tickets that The Venue gives us. We only get to play for about a half hour though so that kinda sucks.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Ive ony ever played in school bands, which is a bugger since ive left school now, but school concerts and other things mean i have played in front of a few hundred people before.

However, I also played as part of the jazz band/choir n the re-opening of the Kelvingrove art gallery and museum. It wasnt the crowd, as there really wasnt one as we were really background music, but the then first minister Jack McConnell was there, so it was by far the biggest event i played at. (For those who dont know what a first minister is, its the guy in charge of Scotland). He even thanked us after and we got a group photo with him in it, which was nice of him.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
You Americans/Canadians seem to all have had experiences in school bands... you are a lucky bunch of gits.
My school had nothing musical about it at all, and even now I'm in my second year of music technology college course and I've played one gig in my time there.

I stick to the bars and the clubs really.
300+ at a school talent show on bass.

1,000,000+ in marching band. We competed in the Calgary Stampede parade several years back and there were more than a million people on the parade route alone, not to mention all the Canadians watching on television. That was a great day.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
in high school maybe 400 or 500 for concerts. with bass maybe 40-50 ppl.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Played last night in front of about 500. Just did 3 songs though with the band.
[
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez IJX40
1987 Peavey Dyna Bass
1987 Peavey Dyna Bass
1988 Peavey Dyna Bass
Markbass CMD 102 P
B52 AT212
Beheringer Ultrabass 3500
Hartke 410 XL
Hartke 210 Transporter
Peavey TKO
Peavey 115 BW
800-1,000 at the city jazz festival.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)