Howdy

Basically, looking at buying a new amp with a budget of £300-£700 (about $440-$1000).

So far only have a SS amp, and from what I've heard I'm best looking for a tube amp. Right?

I would prefer a stack (half or full, I don't particularly mind) but if there's an amazing combo in my price range then I might be won over.

Play mostly metal so need to get good distortion out of it but also need to get beautiful cleans as well.

I use a Line6 POD 2.0 which I've got dialled up for some really good distortion and cleans so would probably use that with the amp.

Thanks guys
This is a sig...
Maybe you can try some new Bugera stuff?
Great sound for the money.
Or A Used Peavey 5150 combo?
Quote by soulflyV
I love the smell of *reported* in the morning.
Quote by MadClownDisease
I've always hated people using (Y), it just looks like an arse.
Would be no point using a Pod with a tube amp :/

I'd say a 5150 combo would do the job well (+1 to the guy who said it first), but if you REALLY want that stack, a Valveking + Metal muff would do a good job As long as you got a good cab.
I say Bugera as well. Great value for money!
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic
Thanks guys, looked at a few Bugera heads and they look pretty good. Since I don't really know much about good/bad amps at all, would I be best getting Bugera cabs as well? Or is there something better in my price range?
This is a sig...
Do you gig? If not then the combo would be fine. If you do gig he combo would still be fine a you could get the half stack just in case. And there is no better cab in the uk for the same money that is better than the bugera cab.
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic
Yes I do gig.

Ok, thanks, I will probably look into trying a Bugera sometime.
This is a sig...