Poll Options
View poll results: Do you buy CDs?
Yah
364 80%
Nah
90 20%
Voters: 455.
Page 1 of 4
That news article on the homepage about downloading music got me thinking...
How many of you guys actually buy CDs?
I do with a lot of my music (150+ CDs). There's just something I love about the physical representation; the artwork, little book with all the thanks, lyrics, etc.
i buy alot of cds I buy about 5 cds a week ive got about 500 cds i actually do listen to most of them mainly when im driving
Last edited by hb15577 at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by hb15577
i buy alot of cds I buy about 5 cds a week ive got about 500 cds i lisyen to them all alot

haha, wow that's impressive.
And I listen to all mine too

I just started my collection last year, and get about 3-4 CDs a month (but sometimes I just spontaneously decide to buy like 10)
Not in a few years... BitTorrent is faster, quality is as good and the files are already on my computer for instant playback, no messing around with discs.
the last time i purchased music was when i got a free itunes dift card. honestly i'm in the middle of down loading an entire bands discography. i'm going to hell.
Yes. I just love owning a good album. I usually download a few songs off it first though. I'm not going to buy an album blindly.
Yes, yes I do.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Yes, from my favourite bands. I always buy their new CD's.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
nope
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
Quote by PixieDust13
3.5 years ago...

cds suck

overpriced pos...

i only buy vinyls

hahaha

vinyls are excellent!
My collection is ****ty (like 50 or something)

Quote by fretsonfire74
Yes. I just love owning a good album. I usually download a few songs off it first though. I'm not going to buy an album blindly.

Quote by skaterskagg1
the last time i purchased music was when i got a free itunes dift card. honestly i'm in the middle of down loading an entire bands discography. i'm going to hell.

Of course I download music as well, (I've got ALOT on my computer.)
And I totally agree with trying before buying, it's so much better to know that what you are getting is not crap
Quote by fretsonfire74

What's wrong with that?
I do that....
Quote by Jake™
Not in a few years... BitTorrent is faster, quality is as good and the files are already on my computer for instant playback, no messing around with discs.

That's just it...often the quality isn't as good.

Anyway, I buy the CD if I like the band a lot; otherwise I only download.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I do,.. but their all pirated,.. $2 dollars local currency (about 1.50 US or 0.35euro) cheap stuff,.. I can't find original CD's,......
I buy CD's. Up until about June last year I only had five CD's, the rest of my music I just listened to on websites like Deezer, or downloaded. Right now I have about 58 albums. I've spent roughly £250ish on them altogether.
CDs all the way, ilike having a shelf full
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Quote by Cianyx
What's wrong with that?
I do that....

lol!

nothing...I've made good and bad decisions doing that.

Good: Yngwie Malmsteen Rising Force

Bad: Sunn O))) Flight of the Behemoth (not a drone fan)
Quote by daltoor
haha, wow that's impressive.
And I listen to all mine too

I just started my collection last year, and get about 3-4 CDs a month (but sometimes I just spontaneously decide to buy like 10)

its not impressive it dosent take skill to buy cds i just dont have anthing else to spend my money on
I don't really like this thread. It seems to me like alot of people buy cds and the fact that they're still sold is concrete proof of this. I dont think there is much purpose to this thread.
Yep I buy em as much as I can. I love flicking throug the cheap section of music at the local Warehouse store. $10 and below music is handy. I'm still trying to get used to Hawkwind though.
I'm Stuck In The Pit And I Can't Get Out... But Do You Really Need To Go Anywhere Else On The Site?

John Clark: "It's the drugs I tell you. High school students are crazed because of all the drugs they do. We need drug testing for all students."
Not yes. Not no.

Sometimes.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I buy all my cd's from iTunes. I always wondered if that really was supporting bands or not. Sometimes I will buy a CD from the music store if iTunes does not have it
Yes, I buy CDs, I never download.

I also buy cassette tapes, which aren't that great but are extremely cheap from charity shops.
I download albums, then if I think the band is worth something and the album is awesome, I go out and buy it.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Yes.

Having the actual cd, artwork, and case is just better than having a file on a computer imo. It shows the band's efforts at its best... and lets admit it, it looks cool to have a bunch of them on a shelf.

I'll admit that i don't do it that often, but when i do i'll usually go ahead and get minimum 3 albums at once.

I'm glad i have my FYE Backstage Pass card.

EDIT: I do download a couple of songs i like now and then if they're from bands i don't know but if i notice that i have a couple of songs by them i'll go out and buy a cd to get a bigger idea of them.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Jan 18, 2009,
Quote by fretsonfire74

Exactly. I always download 1/2 an album, then if i like it i buy it. But still about 75 % of my music is downloaded, but ive started collecting vinyls
Only if I see one I really need. Torrenting takes up a lot of bandwidth, but I do that too. Now that I have a job I've bought more CD's in the past 6 months than anytime before that.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Yes I do...in the past 2 days I bought "The Dark Side of the Moon", "The Division Bell" and "L.A. Woman"...the only downloaded music I have on my PC, is single songs which I paid for via iTunes...
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
90% - 95% of my music I got from CDs.
The other 5/10% is downloaded [to try out new bands, or wanting an album ASAP with no cash, etc.].

But I always do my best to buy music as much as possible.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I still don't get why people do. So you get a hard copy...whoop dee doo....

I get the same music, for free. What's the big difference between buying the CD's and just getting the music? They both have the same function.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Quote by shakin'cakes
I still don't get why people do. So you get a hard copy...whoop dee doo....

I get the same music, for free. What's the big difference between buying the CD's and just getting the music? They both have the same function.

Unless you buy legally online, you rob the artist of money they deserve for their work. Also, there's something about a CD with artwork and a booklet with lyrics, thanks and extra information and stuff like that.

Not to mention the audio quality.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Page 1 of 4