So i want to make my own guitar(iceman) but i dont really have the money for it etc.
Now i saw this cheap ass ''build your own'' stratocaster set for 85 bucks with everything.
Should i be able to take the body and make an iceman out of it? or something that looks like it?
I dont really care about the quality of the sound etc because i can still replace pickups later on its all about the shape and if its possible, so, can it be done? and should i do it?
Turning an strat into an iceman? That is gonna fail. Either buy an iceman, buy an iceman body to make the guitar or make a guitar from scratch.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
Turning an strat into an iceman? That is gonna fail. Either buy an iceman, buy an iceman body to make the guitar or make a guitar from scratch.

^what he said.

there are "blank bodies out there... at least i think so.. get that and cut it your own way =)
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
The thing about cheap kits like that is not just cheap pickups, everything is lower quality. The wood itself (probably plywood, not good for re-shaping), hardware (bridge, tuners), neck (frets, nut) etc. To make a decent guitar from it you'd have top change more than just the pickups

As a cheap way to help understand and practice guitar construction its pretty good but ask anyone whos built one of the kits if the quality is on a par with even the lower end guitar brands and the answer will probably be no.

It's your money though so whatever you choose I wish you well